1955 radio needs restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 radio needs restoration

I need someone who can restore a tube radio for a ‘55 speedster . It is complete and never worked on. Sat for 50 years un touched.

None better than our own RadioRoy. And he's on the correct coast (for you) as well; and only half way up the state.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....r/423-radioroy
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Or Dan Skidmore in Los Angeles; he advertises in Turning Wheels every month. Excellent work.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Jon, you need to contact me regarding the Los Angeles chapter of SDC. We are mostly in the San Fernando Valley and that's where we meet.
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

I'm located in WA State:

Can give you am fm aux

Bill The Radio Guy

bill@billtheradioguy.com

Comment

Dan Skidmore is retiring from Studebaker radio sales and repair and I'm taking over in his place. If I can help you, please send me a PM. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              None better than our own RadioRoy. And he's on the correct coast (for you) as well; and only half way up the state.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....r/423-radioroy
              Thank you for the kind words Brad.

I have pretty much decided to stop repairing original tube technology radios. The 51 that I have on my bench has been a major factor in convincing me. My plan is to refer original technology repairs to Bud, although I have not contacted him to see if he is OK with that.

I am still doing FM conversions, but getting pretty tired of working on projects for others and not having any time to work on my own. Maybe it's just a temporary slow down, or maybe just spring fever, who knows?
              Last edited by RadioRoy; 04-01-2021, 07:37 AM.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Roy, I would be happy to do the repairs to the original radios. I will refer people that want modern electronics in their original radios to you if that is OK. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                  Roy, I would be happy to do the repairs to the original radios. I will refer people that want modern electronics in their original radios to you if that is OK. Bud
                  Sounds like a plan. Thanks Bud.

My email is in my profile. Would you please send me your contact information? Thanks again.

Bill the radio guy can do modern electronics, too. He's a nice guy and probably faster and maybe cheaper than RadioRoy, too.
                  Last edited by RadioRoy; 04-01-2021, 01:56 PM.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
                  10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
                  56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
                  60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
                  X