The greatest PAC KARD of them all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest PAC KARD of them all

LOL... with much experience in ad layout, I will say that sizing gutters to accomodate page splits is frustrating for graphic designers. Sometimes you get it right, and sometimes...

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
      LOL... with much experience in ad layout, I will say that sizing gutters to accomodate page splits is frustrating for graphic designers. Sometimes you get it right, and sometimes...
      Those with experience in artist's renderings will also recognize the car in the illustration is much longer and much lower in overall height and cross-section and only vaguely resembles the real thing.

jack vines

PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
        Those with experience in artist's renderings will also recognize the car in the illustration is much longer and much lower in overall height and cross-section and only vaguely resembles the real thing.
        Oh yes...from the days before Photoshop

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

........the ad men faced some real challenges for the 1957 ( Really all new, probably not in a good way though).

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
            I can see why it would be frustrating for the layout artist. It highly depends on the magazine it gets published in. If its a simple folded issue with only a few pages, it will appear broken as seen above, but not so in a thicker bound type with a spine.

I recall my dad refused to pay full price for a Yellow Pages ad one year as it was printed on the page right next to the spine, and it was buried and nearly invisible when opened to that particular page which was nearly in the middle of the directory.

Craig

Comment

One of my favorite cars

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post

jack vines
                ...and the grown-ups rendered in 4/5 scale!
                By the size of that passenger's head, she must be sitting on a booster seat. Everybody in this ad has tiny heads!

Greatest of them all? Even the ones built 25 years earlier?!

Clark, you are SOO OOO right about the gutters for print publications. To get it right, you have to know how many pages, paper weight and if near the front, middle or back of the publication.
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post

...and the grown-ups rendered in 4/5 scale!
                  By the size of that passenger's head, she must be sitting on a booster seat. Everybody in this ad has tiny heads!
                  I remember Cadillac back in the 1990s advertising that the Fleetwood Brougham was longer than the Lincoln Town Car. That would be a dubious distinction to me, but I guess to the target audience it was a positive. So, I assume the midget people and obvious stretching of the Packard were for the same purpose.

Having said that I love the 1955-56 Packards and would like to have one, big or not.
                  -Dwight

Comment

Most Beautiful Packard ? Right here https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/m...-darrin/778849

Comment

One of my all time favorites, too. Harkens back to a time when it was OK to want a comfortable, big, and prestigious ride. Nowadays a Lincoln rides like a buckboard and looks like everything else on the road. Artist's renderings are just that and, of course, advertizers nowadays never misrepresent their wares!

Comment

Speaking of Lincoln, the discontinued Continental Coach Door Edition was six inches longer than the standard Continental, making for a long yet beautiful car. I think these may one day be very sought after by collectors.

sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I have a picture of a '60 impala rendered in the same manner. Everything is stock and in proportion, except those already long rear quarters and expansive deck lid are artistically extended by another 6 inches or so. Would love to do that to an actual car just to mess with minds,

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                            Speaking of Lincoln, the discontinued Continental Coach Door Edition was six inches longer than the standard Continental, making for a long yet beautiful car. I think these may one day be very sought after by collectors.
                            I was thinking the same thing just yesterday. Relatively few people know about them and will likely stay that way, since production sold out early on. With such a small number produced, they are instant classics and not likely to see enough exposure register on the public's radar.
                            Andy
                            62 GT

Comment

Priced at $116,645 I would venture that it could be like the 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible as far as a collector car.

Take a look at this opinion: How to turn $47K lot trash into $116K auction treasure | Hagerty Media

Bob Miles
                              Last edited by 6hk71400; 04-02-2021, 04:57 PM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

Working...
                              X