• The tiltle makes me wanna laugh...

A car seen before, but the headline...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VDMBn8E-gg
    sigpic

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

The Brits don't know from Hawks

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

To a lot of the uninitiated all Hawks are Golden Hawks.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Too bad the uninitiated don't just Google "Hawk Wiki". Wouldn't take but a couple minutes or so to identify the Hawk more accurately.
        -Dwight

Comment

Wow, we should have Sound Testing up here, half of the Rice Burners, Turbo Diesels and Motorcycles waking me up here, would be off the Road!

The only problem is, if you started Vehicle Testing the Stater's would not know where to Stop, pretty soon it would be: Horn, Lights, Brake lights, Turn Signals, Steering, Alignment, Tires, Seat Belts, Emissions etc. , etc. , etc. Like some overkill Countrys and States do.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I hear ya' Rich! We see cars every day with a red plastic film replacing a tail light lens, or (somewhat) clear plastic film for a window glass. That just screams "Insurance? We don't need no stinkin' insurance."
            So.....if I'm 'pre-approved' why do you want me to fill out an application?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Wow, we should have Sound Testing up here, half of the Rice Burners, Turbo Diesels and Motorcycles waking me up here, would be off the Road!

The only problem is, if you started Vehicle Testing the Stater's would not know where to Stop, pretty soon it would be: Horn, Lights, Brake lights, Turn Signals, Steering, Alignment, Tires, Seat Belts, Emissions etc. , etc. , etc. Like some overkill Countrys and States do.
              I go through all of that and more, even on vehicles that get driven less than 1K miles per year. I have thought that there should either be an exemption for vehicles that are rarely used or make the inspection period based on miles driven not time.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Federal rules do allow states to exempt vehicles with antique/historic plates from emissions testing. Inspections for things like lights, steering, etc are up to the individual states and are not conducted to comply with federal regs.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Maybe it's just the video, but that thing is louder than my '62 GT Hawk with an overbored '64 R1 with R3 headers and open fender well dumps. At 3000 rpm it's still under 85 db. My GT doesn't even come remotely close to making the noise of my new neighbor's Harley.

Comment

Working...
                  X