Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 daytona

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 63 daytona and was wondering how many were made in that year? Mine is a 2 door hardtop with a 289 and a 4 speed on the floor. No it's not an R1. This has a 2 barrel carburetor

Thank you for info

I assume that this is the red car in Idaho? Thanks for buying it, you eliminated the temptation for me to buy it.
    Can you post some photos of it?
    My collectable car book states that 3763 Lark hardtops were made in 1963.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Yea it's that one. The thing that sold me on it is the transmission was rebuilt but never put back in and the odometer hasn't rolled over yet. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210316_180747.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1885928Click image for larger version

Name:	1615951833558_Resized_20210316_155656.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1885926 ​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210316_180909.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1885927

Comment

I have a 1963 Daytona hardtop myself, at one time it was a 259 with 3-speed on the column (both were long gone when I purchased it). I am rebuilding a 259 engine for it with a 4-speed (which I removed from a 1963 Lark convertible). My car is champagne-gold with tan & white interior. Starlight Interior had matching NOS upholstery for my seats, which I purchased about four years ago. Maybe they have what you need also?
        Is your engine loose? How many years since it ran?
        sigpic

Comment

I haven't asked many questions about it. But from the few times I've talked to the guy he said it ran when parked in 68. But who knows 🤷

Comment

Hard to imagine a 5-year old car being parked. Cars must have been inexpensive back then.
            I look forward to updates, good luck with the cool car!
            sigpic

Comment

Parked in 1968 WOW and going by the photographs the only thing missing is the radiator, maybe it was taken out to flush it and who ever owned the car never got around to reinstalling it. If odometer shows 70-80,000 miles the story my be true. Good luck with it WISH it was mine. Cheers Harryhawk

Comment

......Nice Car !!!!! .......has anyone ever installed a “sky top”? That just looks so “do able” at this stage in its new life?? Nice Car! Let’s hope its1968 parking wasn’t the result of something bad ....mechanically or otherwise. Nice Car!!

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
                  ......Nice Car !!!!! .......has anyone ever installed a “sky top”? That just looks so “do able” at this stage in its new life?? Nice Car! Let’s hope its1968 parking wasn’t the result of something bad ....mechanically or otherwise. Nice Car!!
                  I owned a red 1963 Daytona hardtop that was a factory Skytop. Sure, one could be installed at any time.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X