ID:	1885608Click image for larger version

Name:	EF9BE610-B7F0-4E7F-AC30-C3F9E1B6E57C.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1885609Click image for larger version

Name:	image_86023.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1885451 I picked up a car yesterday from a guy with an amazing collection of cars, well into 7 figures. We finished our transaction and then he gave me the tour. Three buildings, very diverse. He just bought whatever caught his eye; he likes oddballs, so of course there were several Studes. I didn’t have much time so I just got some quick pics while we chatted.

He wants to downsize more, so I’ll probably be making more trips back. I love this stuff..

Click image for larger version  Name:	51F77EBE-AFC9-45FD-9B4D-877FC7E19683.jpeg Views:	218 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	1885449Click image for larger version  Name:	EF9BE610-B7F0-4E7F-AC30-C3F9E1B6E57C.jpeg Views:	218 Size:	131.2 KB ID:	1885450Click image for larger version  Name:	61BEAED8-DECF-42C1-8214-4764D9027D9F.jpeg Views:	218 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	1885453
    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 03-17-2021, 09:09 AM.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

What a mess, can mods please delete duplicates?00
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Interesting, based on the pictures. A 1958 Packard Hardtop that looks like the one that I owned for nine years, even the same colors (1 of 675, in all colors). A 1958 Golden Hawk (1 of 878). A post-Studebaker Avanti II.
      Last edited by studegary; 03-17-2021, 06:56 AM. Reason: corrected number
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Interesting, based on the pictures. A 1958 Packard Hardtop that looks like the one that I owned for nine years, even the same colors (1 of 675, in all colors). A 1958 Golden Hawk (1 of 588). A post-Studebaker Avanti II.
        That figure is correct for Packard Hawks, but I believe made 878 Golden Hawks in 1958.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

That figure is correct for Packard Hawks, but I believe made 878 Golden Hawks in 1958.

Craig
          Yes, Craig. I was thinking of 1958 Packard Hawks rather than 1958 Golden Hawks. I hadn't gotten back to make the correction yet.

EDIT: I guess that it just shows that my responses come from my memory and not from looking these things up.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

My apologies for this train wreck of a post. I posted in on a fuel stop, and just now tried to fix it, with mixed results. I was sure a mod would be in to straighten it out by now, but maybe even they don't know how to correct on this dollar-store forum.

If you are facebook friends I will post on the Studebaker Addicts page at some point, including the video I got (also not postable here). Sorry, all.
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I meant to add, the '27 Stude shown is supposed to be a one-of-eleven ever built. I don't recall many of the details, it was a whirlwind day.
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

EDIT: I guess that it just shows that my responses come from my memory and not from looking these things up.
                If you're like me, that can be dangerous!
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post

If you're like me, that can be dangerous!
                  Not too bad - so far.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                  X