X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnAvanti4Bob
    replied
    I was honored that my 1963 Avanti R1 was invited to participate in the 2019 Concours of America event and won a Lion Award in class. The show is amazing, the swag is great and all (fabulous) meals the day of the show are included for participants. Try to stay at the Inn at St Johns (host hotel - pricey, but worth it) as the show is on the golf course at the Inn. A once in a lifetime experience.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Dale!

That's a good Start for a restoration of a Standard Cab 1960 Champ Pickup.
    I have a '60 Champ also that my Dad bought New, it is a 5E6-122, the 5E is the Year Code, the 6 is the Size/Weight Capacity Category and Engine Code = 1/2 Ton with the Commander "245" Six, which is yours?

On the "Members' Rides" Forum you can Post more about your Truck if you wish, glad to have another potential or current SDC Member here on the Forum.

Nice Intro, but of course you read that they want the Best Originality and obviously High End Original or Restorations at that Big Show, time to get started!

Leave a comment:

• DaleM267
    replied
    Would they consider an original 1960 Studebaker Champ?

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I do not want to repost the pictures. The hardtop in post no. 5 is a 1959.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Forgive me - the original email did indeed say "Studebaker", not "Lark" specifically. I must have had a senior moment

Leave a comment:

• creegster
    replied
    That yellow convertible La Palma is really amazing.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I owned a 1960 Lark VIII convertible that I drove a lot for work. In 1960, where I worked part time, the company car that I used was a red 1959 (similar to 1960) Continental convertible. I would be hard pressed to compare the two, other than they were V8s and the top went down.
    Much different market and target audiences for the Lincoln and Studebaker, but both would not have looked out of place parked side-by-side on a driveway in a higher-end neighborhood at the time it was new. And yes, more "hands free" top operation with the Lincoln (when it works properly) than with the Lark, but one got what they paid for.

It doesn't state on the website, but looking at the photos, non-USA cars appear not to be excluded. I would expect some Mercedes Benz convertibles, from 1960 will also make an appearance.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Would they want a 61-2-3 morphed Jonqil yellow convertible? Who will be the one to judge originality?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1885471

These are some nice ones I have seen at La Palma..

Click image for larger version

Name:	34837115061_244b74b07e_o.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1885472Click image for larger version

Name:	34158832673_ba9d6787e7_o.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	1885473

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

There are a few 'concours' quality 1960 Lark convertibles out there that may have a bit more significance over a Hawk of the same year. A Jonquil Yellow convertible would hold its own against any other 1960 convertible.

In 1960, the Hawk was still considered an afterthought by Studebaker management, while they concentrated their efforts on building up the Lark line.

Craig
    I owned a 1960 Lark VIII convertible that I drove a lot for work. In 1960, where I worked part time, the company car that I used was a red 1959 (similar to 1960) Continental convertible. I would be hard pressed to compare the two, other than they were V8s and the top went down.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I think that we will be able to come up with a concours (note spelling) quality Hawk before a Lark. They do say 1960 Studebaker and all body styles.
    There are a few 'concours' quality 1960 Lark convertibles out there that may have a bit more significance over a Hawk of the same year. A Jonquil Yellow convertible would hold its own against any other 1960 convertible.

In 1960, the Hawk was still considered an afterthought by Studebaker management, while they concentrated their efforts on building up the Lark line.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I think that we will be able to come up with a concours (note spelling) quality Hawk before a Lark. They do say 1960 Studebaker and all body styles.

Leave a comment:

• Seeking 1960 Studebaker for Concours d'Elegance of America

Hi everyone! Recently this message came to the Forum mailbox:

I am on the car selection committee for the Concours d'Elegance of America. We are located in SE Michigan, and are the second oldest Concours event in the country. Together with Amelia Island and Pebble Beach, we are considered one of the three top invitational shows of this type. www.concoursusa.org<http://www.concoursusa.org>.

For our 42nd annual show on July 25th 2021, we are seeking an outstanding 1960 Studebaker to be part of a featured display of 1960 automobiles. I was thinking that...you are very likely to know of several outstanding candidates that we could consider.

Candidate vehicles can be restorations, preservations, or a combination of both. Quality and authenticity are key. We would be happy to consider all body styles and all geographic locations. There is no entry fee for invited vehicles, however transportation and lodging are the owner's responsibility.

Can you point us to some great 1960 Studebakers? Feel free to share my email address with any potential candidates, or have them self-nominate their car directly from our website. Thanks, in advance, for your consideration.

Regards,
    Greg Cockerill
    Car Selection Committee-Jet-Age Classes
    Concours d'Elegance of America
    www.concoursusa.org
    If you have a concours-quality 1960 Studebaker, you can reach Mr. Cockerill by e-mailing him at this address.
    Last edited by showbizkid; 04-07-2021, 09:16 AM.
Working...
X