https://www.icon4x4.com/inventory/gallery/projects/14

Interesting company!
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
    Yes, definitely. Thanks for posting; I've seen some of their cars online but not their website. Looks like a company for bucks-up folks, which leaves me out. But sure do like the 'Derelicts' they build.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

But they still make the error of crediting Loewy with the design, when it was really Virgil Exner, employed by Loewy under contract to Studebaker.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Wow! An early automatic transmission car. Needs a lot of work but would make a great driver. Leave the patina and take care of the mechanical and safety stuff, and drive it.
        Maybe the seller will bring the price down.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          Wow! An early automatic transmission car. Needs a lot of work but would make a great driver. Leave the patina and take care of the mechanical and safety stuff, and drive it.
          Maybe the seller will bring the price down.
          I believe the cars that Icon has for " sale" are actually raw material for their rebuilds. Choose the car, choose what style you want them to redo the car in, and they build it. It will be a great driver when they get done with it - even electric powered if that's what you want.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post

I believe the cars that Icon has for " sale" are actually raw material for their rebuilds. Choose the car, choose what style you want them to redo the car in, and they build it. It will be a great driver when they get done with it - even electric powered if that's what you want.
            Thanks Paul. This is the first I have heard of this. Interesting concept. Is it popular?
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post

Thanks Paul. This is the first I have heard of this. Interesting concept. Is it popular?
              I'm not sure if it's popular, but take a look thru the Icon website. It's not the most user friendly (in my opionion) and doesn't give a whole lot of details that I could find, but they have pictures of some really cool cars they have built, especially the 'Derelicts'.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Icon builds phenomenal cars, but the price tag is commensurate with the expensive labor, materials and technology that goes into them. Their custom builds of the Derelict line are $200k and up. Most have a custom Art Morrison chassis, modern suspension and high-end engines with emissions controls, and modern electronics--they ride and drive like a modern car, all packaged in a classic body. They have even done some electric builds. All are way too expensive for us mere mortals

Search Icon Derelict on YouTube and you'll find alot of details on how these cars are designed and constructed.

The good news is that lots of folks have been at this same game for years in their own garages, upgrading old cars with hidden, modern technology and at a fraction of the price.

Comment

Working...
                X