No announcement yet.

Lark Creature Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Bob! I figured it must be SB and I did some looking for clues but I couldn't locate a picture of the Dew Drop Inn that matched the shot in the video.

Comment

I didn't see anyone mention that it IS a Rare '60 Lark 2 Door Wagon, IMHO THE Best looking, and next to the Last Year for 2 Door Wagons.

It Runs Really Good, considering it lost a Car Muffler, a Truck Muffler and a Camshaft!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 03-09-2021, 03:15 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        I didn't see anyone mention that it IS a Rare '60 Lark 2 Door Wagon, IMHO THE Best looking, and next to the Last Year for 2 Door Wagons.

It Runs Really Good, considering it lost a Car Muffler, a Truck Muffler and a Camshaft!
        One of 5231.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
          Thanks, Bob! I figured it must be SB and I did some looking for clues but I couldn't locate a picture of the Dew Drop Inn that matched the shot in the video.
          That might be the south wall of The Dew Drop Inn, Bob; the wall you would see if you approached the building from the north, driving south on Lafayette Street, approaching Sample. I'm not entirely sure of that, though. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If it was any rustier, it would look like my Hawk. Thanks for posting.

Comment

That's a prototype '59 Champion 6 wagon with dual exhausts, as seen left on the road. The easy access for brake light issues should have made it into production.
              Ron Dame
              '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
                The easy access for brake light issues should have made it into production.
                It was designed in, timed to open up, just before you needed to change the bulb!! The factory left it up to the customer how he wanted to close the access hole when done, though.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight FitzSimons View Post
                  The fact that the Lark has suffered such neglect and abuse (salt damage, probable other neglect) and still "keeps on ticking" is a testament to Studebaker's durability. I notice the Dew Drop Inn in the video; Is that South Bend?
                  -Dwight
                  "keeps on ticking"
                  Studebaker Standard 1963 - YouTube

also "keeps on ticking"

John Cameron Swayze - TIMEX commercial - YouTube

Enjoy the times gone by

Bob Miles

Comment

As rusty as that car was, amazingly they didn't have to slam the door twice to get it to shut, and they stayed shut.

Comment

Josephine's doors you do have to slam to get 'em to shut...
                      sigpic

Josephine
                      Champion V8
                      4d sedan

Comment

Working...
                      X