Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking for a friend...is eBay or BringATrailer better to sell a Studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They seem to be a Great Venue, the only thing that annoys Me about them is; it really gets Old when every Statement About the Car from the Owner modified by Their "Lawyers" gets: "Reportedly" : BLA, Bla, bla.

THEY Never want to be the One saying anything, so they have 0 Responsibility for anything.
    They Must be X-Government Employees!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Last edited by mbstude; 02-27-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Just say'n it's about THE Most Boring, Overkill, Repetitive reading I have ever seen.
        Does that mean I would not recommend them or sell a Car with them, of COURSE NOT!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I tend to agree with Rich on his point. They could just start with one disclaimer that all information is as provided by the seller.
          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
          50 Champion 2 door*
          53 Commander K Auto*
          53 Commander K overdrive*
          55 President Speedster
          62 GT 4Speed*
          63 Avanti R1*
          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I sold 2 cars on BaT last year, a 65 Cruiser and a 62 Champ. The Cruiser sold for what I expected. The Champ doubled what I thought it would go for! I was quite pleased. I’ll be listing a 63 Daytona hardtop, as soon as I can get enough pictures.

Justin

Comment

Thanks all for your input, particularly Matt.
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill- I buy and sell almost every week, except I'm laying low right now until winter breaks. To answer your question, it makes a difference what the vehicle is, condition, and price range. If you're talking less than $20K, the easiest and most obvious is Facebook Marketplace. I do a lot of business there, both buying and selling. It's the easiest to post, and is free. I still watch eBay, but rarely list there anymore; they've made it too convoluted to list. I still buy there fairly regularly, though. The most recent was last month. The listing ended as a No Sale, but I saw it in person (in NC) on the way to Florida and made a deal. I wasn't willing to bid that much money off pictures, and a cranky seller; but without eBay I wouldn't have known about it. I decided to check into it anyway and two things happened: one, I got to evaluate the real condition, and I was able to negotiate down the "FIRM" price with cash, in person; and as a bonus, the cranky seller was a decent guy in person, and now I have another source. One other place I have done well, both buying and selling: brand-specific Facebook pages. It stands to reason that if you put your car in front of people with a professed interest in that brand, you have some natural target marketing.

So I guess my summary is, Job One is getting the sale known. Try the freebies, then move to paid sources. I like BaT, but have yet to need their services. I'm sure I will at some point.

P.S. Let me know what's for sale, I'm always interested in a good deal.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob, IM sent on Facebook, thanks.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                  X