Studebaker Car Clubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Car Clubs?

Back in the 50's there were many car clubs across the U.S. I have collected photos of the plaques they ran on their cars and have a website with over 10,000 different plaques shown. The link to my site is ... Car Club Plaques

Click image for larger version

Name:	EastBayStudies_SanLeandro.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1873065

This plaque for the East Bay Studies in San Leandro, CA made me wonder if there were other make specific Studebaker clubs.

Maybe some of you have a car club plaque that's not shown on my site and can add it to this thread to document these clubs of the past.

Very cool site. Looked up couple places I use to live, and where I live now. Only one do I actually remember or know of. Wish more were still around.
    Mike and Dawn

'61 Champ

Comment

Quite a body of work, well done.
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

That is really cool Bill! Thanks for the link. The guy's father I bought my Hawk from is a Pharaoh's member. You have them listed.

https://carclubplaques.pairsite.com/...s/Pharaohs.htm

Wasn't that the name of the guys in American Graffiti?
        "Man plans, God laughs".

Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Topper2011 View Post
          That is really cool Bill! Thanks for the link. The guy's father I bought my Hawk from is a Pharaoh's member. You have them listed.

https://carclubplaques.pairsite.com/...s/Pharaohs.htm

Wasn't that the name of the guys in American Graffiti?
          Yes, it was. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

There’s a lengthy thread on HAMB about the American Graffiti Pharaohs:
            There are two clubs NOT the same - Pharoahs and other is Pharaohs ( notice spelling difference) What is history of both ? Two similar sounding but...

Comment

I have one of those East Bay Studies plaques. I've been considering duplicating it. Seems like the best way might be the silicone method. Gets the most detail. Very Kool.
              sals54

Comment

Bill; Not Studebaker specific; a multi-make car club I helped form in the late 50's. I'd be flattered if you could add it to your really cool website. Thanks Howard

Click image for larger version  Name:	Swappers plaque.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.3 KB ID:	1873616
                Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Thing is when there where car clubs everywhere and we where all young working on our cars everyday it was a different time. Now most of us are older and 40 pounds over weight and would ratter meet up somewhere for coffee and a donut and shoot the bull and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                    I have one of those East Bay Studies plaques. I've been considering duplicating it. Seems like the best way might be the silicone method. Gets the most detail. Very Kool.
                    Before you do that, I know someone who has the original pattern for that plaque. The castings he makes will look exactly like they did when they were first made. If you need additional contact info, you can E-mail me at bulletnose@frontier.com

FYI ... When you use an existing plaque as a pattern, the copy will be a bit smaller because the aluminum shrinks when it solidifies and the detail will be degraded a bit too. It's like making a copy of a copy on a Xerox in the 60's.

Bill
                    Last edited by Dry Heat Geezer; 01-07-2021, 06:27 AM. Reason: Additional FYI info added

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                      Thing is when there where car clubs everywhere and we where all young working on our cars everyday it was a different time. Now most of us are older and 40 pounds over weight and would ratter meet up somewhere for coffee and a donut and shoot the bull and call it a day.
                      And what's wrong with that? Click image for larger version

Name:	WhoKnows.gif
Views:	215
Size:	275 Bytes
ID:	1873699

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                        Bill; Not Studebaker specific; a multi-make car club I helped form in the late 50's. I'd be flattered if you could add it to your really cool website.

Thanks Howard
                        Thanks for the photo you posted. I will add it to the Chicago page on my website.

Can you E-mail me at bulletnose@frontier.com? I need to ask you a couple of questions.

Bill

Comment

I would probably have to buy that East Bay Studies one if it was among the reproductions I see laid out at most swap meets!

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
                            I would probably have to buy that East Bay Studies one if it was among the reproductions I see laid out at most swap meets!
                            You can probably buy a better quality plaque at a lower price from Dennis O'Brien (O'Brien Truckers).

His phone number is ...

(508) 248-1555

Comment

Working...
                            X