No announcement yet.

Keep the critters out of your Stude!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just went with the mothballs this year. When the snow gets low enough to get in the buildings, we'll see how my cars fared.

Hopefully they escaped unscathed; it's bad enough they'll smell like my Grandma's basement[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Another old trick for mice is to soak a dried natural sponge in bacon fat. After consuming it the critters then become thirsty and the sponge expands when they drink water. Problem solved.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Another old trick for mice is to soak a dried natural sponge in bacon fat. After consuming it the critters then become thirsty and the sponge expands when they drink water. Problem solved.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Bacon fat(ever tried getting a grease stain out of upholstery?), soap, mothballs...give me a Rat Snake over any of 'em!

Seriously, I thought this was gonna be about riding dogs around in your Stude! Someone at some point in the past life of my '61 Cruiser had done that, and one of the things I had to take care of was having the arm rests recovered, since the back ones had been used as a chew toy for someone's small dog. You could see the outline of its entire upper jaw on one armrest, every tooth having made its mark.

pitbulllady

Comment

Bacon fat(ever tried getting a grease stain out of upholstery?), soap, mothballs...give me a Rat Snake over any of 'em!

Seriously, I thought this was gonna be about riding dogs around in your Stude! Someone at some point in the past life of my '61 Cruiser had done that, and one of the things I had to take care of was having the arm rests recovered, since the back ones had been used as a chew toy for someone's small dog. You could see the outline of its entire upper jaw on one armrest, every tooth having made its mark.

pitbulllady

Comment

DECON works wonders!!! Just pray they eat it and vacate the premisis before they expire. NT

Neil Thornton
              Hazlehurst, GA
              '57 Silver Hawk
              '56 Sky Hawk
              '51 2R16 dump truck
              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

DECON works wonders!!! Just pray they eat it and vacate the premisis before they expire. NT

Neil Thornton
                Hazlehurst, GA
                '57 Silver Hawk
                '56 Sky Hawk
                '51 2R16 dump truck
                Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Geesh, you guys are the experienced experts, and I'm just a newbie, but none of you have come up with the best solution of all.

DRIVE IT ALL THE TIME!!!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Geesh, you guys are the experienced experts, and I'm just a newbie, but none of you have come up with the best solution of all.

DRIVE IT ALL THE TIME!!!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Just picked up my 62 Avanti from Bob Palmas stoage facility, in Beautiful Downtown Brownsburg. It was there for almost 2 1/2 years. No critters in the vehicle, Bob had placed Irish Spring soap and dryer sheets in the car.
                      Other then a dead battery she fired up a lot easier then I had expected.
                      Thanks Bob for your help on Monday

Jim
                      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                      their Memorials!

Comment

Just picked up my 62 Avanti from Bob Palmas stoage facility, in Beautiful Downtown Brownsburg. It was there for almost 2 1/2 years. No critters in the vehicle, Bob had placed Irish Spring soap and dryer sheets in the car.

Jim
                        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                        their Memorials!

Comment

Jim

their Memorials!

Comment

Jim

their Memorials!

Comment

Here's a pic of the damage done by the lil' monster who loved the dryer sheets and moth balls:

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              Lotsa Larks!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Here's a pic of the damage done by the lil' monster who loved the dryer sheets and moth balls:

Lotsa Larks!
                                Ron Smith
                                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                                Ron Smith
                                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                                X