Look what followed home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what followed home

Just bought a 1962 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk from a estate sale. It has been setting for a few years and needs some lovin.
    Last edited by Russk; 11-29-2020, 07:00 AM.

Congratulations, just beautiful

Mark

Comment

That is a great color for a GT. Plus, no signs of rust in typical areas. Ya got a good one!
      Perry
      \'50 Business Champion
      \'50 Starlight Champion
      \'60 Lark Convertible,
      \'63 GT R1,
      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Originally posted by Russk View Post
        Just bought a 1962 Studebaker Grand Turismo Hawk from a estate sale. It has been setting for a few years and needs some lovin.
        It appears to be a very nice Hawk. Good luck with it.
        To start you off on the right foot, the model is a Gran Turismo Hawk.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Looks like a great find.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

It appears to be a very nice Hawk. Good luck with it.
            To start you off on the right foot, the model is a Gran Turismo Hawk.
            I fixed it....
            My feet and knees are hurting so much, it will be about the only thing I fix today, except maybe a drink.

Comment

Nice score! What kind of lovin' does it require...is it ready to be driven on the road? What transmission does it have? Keep us posted. cheers, junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                Nice score! What kind of lovin' does it require...is it ready to be driven on the road? What transmission does it have? Keep us posted. cheers, junior
                4 speed , motor turns but haven't had a chance to really get into it. I don't think it will take much.

Comment

I added some oil to the cylinders, and motor turns freely, clutch feels good. So changing fluids , flushing fuel system, replacing master cylinder, tires, battery it might be back on the road. I still haven't had a chance to remove tires and inspect brakes , but will when it warms up a little.
                  Can anyone help me with what spec / type the trans and rear diff fluids are? Or a place to find out. Thanks

Comment

Great find, keep us updated as you progress.
                    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                    Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Originally posted by Russk View Post
                      I added some oil to the cylinders, and motor turns freely, clutch feels good. So changing fluids , flushing fuel system, replacing master cylinder, tires, battery it might be back on the road. I still haven't had a chance to remove tires and inspect brakes , but will when it warms up a little.
                      Can anyone help me with what spec / type the trans and rear diff fluids are? Or a place to find out. Thanks
                      I got 90wt. GL1 through my True Value store. They had to order it for me, but I wasn't in a hurry. That's a very nice GT.

https://www.truevalue.com/ford-trans...l-sae-90-2-gal

I did have to add the friction modifier to the Twin Traction differential though.

Comment

Looks really nice. Best of luck.
                        Rog
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Man from Glad, man from Glad!

Nice looking hawk!
                          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	3F9260A4-3FE0-4B8B-AD40-EE5351C341A6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	72.6 KB ID:	1868972just like one of my favorite tv shows, I have a shop manager always looking over my shoulder checking on the floor jack placement. Time to check brakes and see what it will need.Click image for larger version  Name:	EAAE50FB-1F08-4216-B440-40000DD86D1D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	88.0 KB ID:	1868973Click image for larger version  Name:	0AB03B77-7F4F-4298-8D15-0594B95978B0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	1868974
                            Last edited by Russk; 12-06-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

That is a strange looking hub puller. There should be a nut (reversed) on the axle. It does not look centered/balanced (perhaps the picture).
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X