2020 Better for Studebakering than 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Better for Studebakering than 2019

For being such a dismal year for the whole world at least one little ray of light for me. I managed to drive my Stude more this year than last year. 2019 was a dismal 511 miles driven and a lousy 15.2 mpg (imp)...this year was a great improvement...846 miles driven and back to a normal 18.5 mpg (imp). Last year cruising was dogged by a faulty electric fuel pump that decided to work only when it felt like it. Took most of the cruising season to finally chase down the problem which turned out to be one of the four contact points had lost it's tungsten tip. This year the only thing slowing down cruising was the pandemic itself. No car shows attended on my part, just driving the Stude on daily errands and out a few times on the open road. On a parting note, the last 3 seasons have been cut short by abnormally early snow falls. I truly hope that your Studebaker summer had positive results too. Cheers, Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

It made time for some projects that I had been meaning to do for years. Life can get unnecessarily busy sometimes.

Regarding Studebakering, 2020 Gave me the small push I needed to tackle a big project
    Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

I alternate driving my '61 Champ and '55 President almost daily. The only thing that changed for me in that regard was no shows and only 1 tour with my local chapter. I have been able to get some work done on both vehicles which has made them both more pleasurable to drive. I am guessing this year has been good for hobbies but little else. Here is hoping that 2021 or 2022 will see a return to some normalcy. If not, there will always be our Studebakers to keep out spirits up.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

2019 was all work on my Champ , going through the brakes , getting it running well , getting it towed in when the gremlins from sitting around for years of neglect and deferred repairs .

2020 was definitely better . Drove it to work most days from April til now. Several thousand miles of trouble free cruising . Even a few car shows near the end of summer .

Soon I will be putting it in the garage before the roads get salted and I will be going through the interior and wiring in the cab .and chasing down annoying rattles and clunks . Maybe even get the A/C that was on it re-installed and working .

2021 should be even better .

Comment

Junior, what kind of Studebaker you driving?
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ivorydan View Post
            Junior, what kind of Studebaker you driving?
            Dan
            54 modified coupe...not much has changed from this post...just older, more squeaks, more rock chips and higher oil consumption. lol cheers, junior

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ior-s-54-coupe
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
            X