Lark Bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Bumpers

Are bumpers available for Larks, front and rear? If not, is there a good interchange? Thanks

Yes, what year?

Comment

If you have a parts book and can look up the part number you can do a search to check if they have stock on SASCO's web site. The last I heard they had 64-65-66 bumpers not sure about earlier models.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

If you were to ignore all of the holes for rear license plate guards, License Light wires, regular Bumper Guards, '62-'63 Corner Guards, different Bumper Brackets etc. you would discover that there are only three actual SHAPES of all Lark front and rear bumpers:

(1) 1959-1960 no wrap-around, straight center with no center "dip down" to match the later Grille.

(2) 1961 to 1963 no wrap-around WITH center dip-down

(3) 1964 to 1966 Wrap-Around corners type, but with the straight '59-'60 style center.

If one were to procure the proper shape, with a little expensive to have done drilling, welding and re-chroming you could create any one you need. [^]
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I think the 61-63 fronts are NLA as I recall looking for one for my '62... ended up with a "good used" one. The reason I remember this is that the rears were still available, but my local chrome shop wanted something like $400 to weld up two holes and rechrome a NOS bumper! yikes!

If you have a 61-63 with the wing guards, I would recommend buying NOS wing guards (still available and cheap) and then having them rechromed (or have yours rechromed if they are straight and solid.) I put NOS on my '62 when I had it painted and they were already looking mildly shabby by the time I sold the car. "show chrome" they were NOT. Oddly enough the overriders (also available and cheap) that I installed at the same time still looked OK as I recall, just the wing guards started peeling around the edges.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

See my note about my hit and run the other day (Thanks to the gang at SASCO).

I do know that 59/60 Lark wagon bumpers are available, NOS.

Mike

Comment

I tried to get bumpers for a 66 all i found was rear bumpers. I found a set here on the forum. Doug M

Comment

Working...
              X