Two Studebaker Beauties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Studebaker Beauties

I think that it was stretch to say; "worth more when you trade!" in 1955.
    Too bad that they didn't look like these long, low renderings.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I find it interesting that with all the hullabaloo about winning the Mobilgas Economy run, they don't say how many MPG the car got. I guess that detail wasn't all that important?
      peter lee

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_81947.jpg Views:	5 Size:	125.0 KB ID:	1863057
        Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
        I find it interesting that with all the hullabaloo about winning the Mobilgas Economy run, they don't say how many MPG the car got. I guess that detail wasn't all that important?
        Here you go. Can't reference the source, unfortunately, but I recall having seen this photo used with essentially this same caption in Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Mechanix Illustrated, and/or the Saturday Evening Post.

Comment

I think I’ve gone a little crazy on showroom pictures! I think my dad also got me a 53 red and white Starliner when I go back to south bend for Christmas. I was disappointed I lost out on a red 53 Starliner that just sold on eBay, I thought I had it but someone swooped in and got it before I had time to react 😤 I have a few smaller ads hung up as well, i just Love the design and how these were marketed as either gas champions or first in sports car design.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I think that it was stretch to say; "worth more when you trade!" in 1955.
            Too bad that they didn't look like these long, low renderings.
            I guess I have to about 90% disagree Gary. I think these '55's are a pretty close to real looking rendering, not exact but Close.

You want to see "Stretched", now the '58 Brochures and Ads are the hands down winner!
            The Advertisers overdid the Long, Low 14 Inch Wheel thing and made the '58's look ridiculously LOOOONG! And not the ONLY Year they did that either.

Remember those Sunday Newspaper inserts all over the Country, that were a Industry FIRST and were on Newsprint, several pages of the full line Color Pics of '58 Studebakers, Packards and Mercedes Benz Cars?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

I guess I have to about 90% disagree Gary. I think these '55's are a pretty close to real looking rendering, not exact but Close.

You want to see "Stretched", now the '58 Brochures and Ads are the hands down winner!
              The Advertisers overdid the Long, Low 14 Inch Wheel thing and made the '58's look ridiculously LOOOONG! And not the ONLY Year they did that either.

Remember those Sunday Newspaper inserts all over the Country, that were a Industry FIRST and were on Newsprint, several pages of the full line Color Pics of '58 Studebakers, Packards and Mercedes Benz Cars?
              As you may recall, right from the earliest days, were hand drawn, and must have used some kind of rubber-based paint as, especially durin the fifties, were stretched beyond belief. It wasn't until the sixties or early seventies that photographs were used, albeit with wide-angle lenses.
              peter lee

Comment

Working...
              X