Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time you saw a good running Studebaker engine for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a good running 245" out of a truck in Salt Lake City, It came complete with the starter, gen, carb, and even the air cleaner. The guy said it ran beautiful, and pulled hills fine but his wife couldn't drive the truck, so it was getting a sbc and auto.

Comment

I have what appears to be a rebuilt or NOS 226 Commander 6 engine. I'm not going to use it if someone needs one for a Commander or pickup, I make you good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        If you pulled the Engines and put them in the Barn within a Year, there is a 50/50 chance they are still good.
        If they are still in the "Field" in the Canadian Rain and Snow, probably not.
        Agree, Rich, but in the humid east, even indoor storage doesn't protect engines from deterioration. The pistons, rings and valve stems can rust solid to their bores just from the humidity.

Maybe consider doing the Studebaker community a favor; choose one or two as insurance and pass along the others at a fair price.

jack vines

PackardV8

Comment

I've recently bought 2 running 289s. One came with an auto and the other with a 4 speed and Hurst shifter still attached. And they came to me rather cheap. Sometimes you have to buy on faith alone. The 289 in my 56 Wagon was bought many years ago on the word of the seller that he had rebuilt it. It still runs like a top. No smoke, No hickup. Starts every time and runs smooth. The 289 in my 54 Coupe was bought the same way. Still runs like a champ. I'm a believer in taking those chances. So far, so good.
          sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
            I've recently bought 2 running 289s. One came with an auto and the other with a 4 speed and Hurst shifter still attached. And they came to me rather cheap. Sometimes you have to buy on faith alone. The 289 in my 56 Wagon was bought many years ago on the word of the seller that he had rebuilt it. It still runs like a top. No smoke, No hickup. Starts every time and runs smooth. The 289 in my 54 Coupe was bought the same way. Still runs like a champ. I'm a believer in taking those chances. So far, so good.
            Agree, Sal, as long as they come at the right price, one can take a chance.

jack vines

PackardV8

Comment

Engines and cars were mostly stored indoors. Agree with possible humidity issues. Not sure how one would go about testing them all.

Comment

I have one that is possibly for sale, if anyone is interested....... minus the air cleaner, carb and distributor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ppp.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	1863136Click image for larger version

Name:	r2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1863137
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...