Two 54 Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two 54 Studes

I put this up on Youtube, hoping to contact the present owner of my first Stude. Sorry about the poor quality of the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGuPEEG1STw

Hi Alex! Good to see you here again.

It should probably be noted that the one you are looking for is not the "C" Coupe with the Stock Hood and Bumper Guards, but the Starliner Hardtop with the Louvered Hood, and the Corvette Engine, and it is CERTAINLY NOT in a condition anywhere NEAR how it was when you Originally built it!
    I see crooked Pedals, holes in the floor etc. it has had a lot of changes over the 50 years since!

Actually it looked like THIS in 1970!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Madonna Inn4.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1862356
    Last edited by StudeRich; 10-24-2020, 11:09 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Speaking of 2 1954 Studes...here we are, Alex, in 2004 somewhere on Eye won oh on the way to the Phoenix zone meet....

Name:	119_1955 copy.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1862364
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick Steinkamp here’s my favorite 54 Stude; picture was taken back in August and meant to replicate the one you or Dave took of it S2D Omaha I believe? This car is a total dream come true.

Comment

This one?

Name:	ed2c.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1862403
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

That’s the one!

Comment

S2D has been known to keep pretty rough company! Click image for larger version

Name:	Omana.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1862433
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

VERY rough.

(BTW, that was the only time that day when S2D was in front of Sheba )

(and who is that taking a leak in the cornfield in the picture I posted? )
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yes, Rich, it certainly had gone downhill. The owner was homeless, living in his camper. He kept the car in his mother's garage and hadn't had it on the road for several years. I'm pretty sure he has passed by now. His brother hasn't seen him for several years. He did not know who the car was sold too.

Comment

Hi Dick, That was a fun trip to Phoenix, but my wife won't take any long trips in it after that. Remember racing down that long onramp? I sure miss the shows this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexM View Post
                      Hi Dick, That was a fun trip to Phoenix, but my wife won't take any long trips in it after that. Remember racing down that long onramp? I sure miss the shows this year.
                      It was a fun trip and a great meet. Thanks for putting me up for the night on the way there. I drove straight home from Phoenix to San Francisco...13 hours.

What did it for my wife was straight through San Francisco to Seattle for a GoodGuys show. 19 hours including searching for a one wire alternator in Roseburg, Oregon when mine quit charging.

I hope the YouTube is successful for you and you find your old car.
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                        VERY rough.

(and who is that taking a leak in the cornfield in the picture I posted? )
                        I'm not sure... we need an investigation!

sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                          ​​(and who is that taking a leak in the cornfield in the picture I posted? )
                          The very definition, of rough company, himself! Isn't it?

Mark

sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Ian Mackellar and I were there but not in the corn field, kina looks like the back of Dick's head. hang in there guys.
                            Last edited by candbstudebakers; 10-27-2020, 08:10 AM.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Who are those young guys in the pictures? And, just when did they sell their Studebakers to us old guys?
                              --Dwight

Comment

Working...
                              X