Studebaker Rocker Arm Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Rocker Arm Identification

Hello, First time post, long time Stude nut.
    I just inherited some Stude parts from my Grandfather and I am trying to ID them. I have 4 roller rockers arms, P/N: 1550613. Any help ID'ing what these parts fit would be appreciated!

-gmunz25

Garrett, welcome to the Forum. As far as I know Studebaker never used roller rocker arms. Also, a check of my parts book shows no PN 1550613. How 'bout a photo.

Comment

If they have Roller Bearings in them, they must be Aftermarket Modified.
      But that Part Number is a mystery, was it cast into them or on the Box they were in?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hi StudeRich and rbisacca, thank you for the help! I may have misspoke when I said roller rockers arms. Please see the attached photos for clarity. Thank you, gmunz25.

Comment

What's your question ?

In the pictures provided, they "appear" to be the later, large pad rocker. With the pictures given, it's difficult to say positively, but as I said, they "appear" to be the large pad rockers

Except for the pad diameter and the adjuster hex size, all of the rocker arm assemblies will interchange. Same shaft diameter, same pushrod diameter
          Except for high lift cams, they all work fine. The later the better with high lift cams.
          One note, with the hex size change, so did the threaded portion of the adjuster. The smaller hex will not interchange with the larger hex adjuster.

I seriously doubt that there is enough material in a stock rocker to bore it to have any roller bearing installed. Too thin a material. A bushing (sorta like stock !) is better anyway.

Mike

Comment

1550613 is probably just a casting number. Actual rocker arm PN is 1554013.

Comment

Hi rbisacca,

Thank you for the response! Do you know what engines these rocker arms fit?

Thank you,
              - gmunz25

Comment

V8 engines, 224, 259, 289 cu. in, perhaps others. Are they new?

JT

Comment

Hi oilnsteel, thank you for the he information. No, they are not new. Would they also be used on a 289 R2 engine?

-gmunz25

Comment

Yes, PN 1554013 is used in all 289s.

Comment

Pull back the end "stands" to expose the "Oil Passage" hole in the shaft. If it is a small hole, they are mid 62/63+. If large holes they are pre 62. Its better to have the small holes because the large holes could fill up the valve covers if you are running it hard.

Comment

Perhaps, it might be helpful to give the specific sizes, for the different, oil passage holes? If I recall correctly? The early ones are about 3/16", and the later ones something like 0.100".

Mark
                        sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
                        X