No announcement yet.

Studebaker Semi/Tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim you still have that spare engine right?

Comment

Originally posted by Corbinstein0 View Post
      No. It went to Arizona.

Comment

Originally posted by Corbinstein0 View Post
        Too funny! I asked him about it the other day as well!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post

No. It went to Arizona.
          For Good?...or just for the Winter?
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
            Since Stude did not offer factory tandem axles on their trucks, nearly all had a single rear axle.
            Hendrickson did offer a tandem rear axle on the 212" wheelbase chassis: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....trucks-how-big

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig. That was a good refresher course. And a reminder of how much we miss Frank Drumheller's contributions.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post

For Good?...or just for the Winter?
                That is funny. I hauled it out there when the last sale at Chuck Naugle was going on. The person that purchased Chucks tractor. Serial #EX3 bought it. Also sold him my Snap On Detroit tune up and cylinder packer. The last time I paid a visit to Phoenix, it was under cover out side of the garage housing The Whistler.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post

That is funny. I hauled it out there when the last sale at Chuck Naugle was going on. The person that purchased Chucks tractor. Serial #EX3 bought it. Also sold him my Snap On Detroit tune up and cylinder packer. The last time I paid a visit to Phoenix, it was under cover out side of the garage housing The Whistler.
                  The Diesel in Post #19 here? https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....baker-diesels=

Craig

Comment

Thanks for all the great reply's.

Comment

You might find what you are looking for at Battleborn Restoration in Ely Nv. (775) 289 8550 BattlebornRestorations@yahoo.com

The owner has passed and his widow is looking to sell. There are a number of the big trucks there (including a cement truck). Some are restored and some are in the boneyard. Many have the diesel engine. The pic is from the boneyard directly behind the buildings housing the restored trucks and cars. I would dearly love to have the black pickup in the boneyard (or anything restored, frankly) but don't have the cash. Would love to see all of this re-homed and enjoyed again.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Not sure if you're still looking but I stumbled across this ad for a truck in Wisconsin:

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto...236987031.html

Comment

Working...
                        X