1963 studebaker avanti with r3 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 studebaker avanti with r3 engine

Does anyone know anything about this 1963 Studebaker Avanti serial R-3060? It came with an R3 #B54 possibly dealer installed engine. I believe the car was originally white. The car came from around the Gettysburg/Chambersburg area. I would like to know what the car was originally. I will post pictures of the car as soon as I get some.

Attached Files

Here is a link to some info on 3060 on Bob Johnstone's Avanti page. It was advertised on Ebay with a 327 Chevy engine back in 2004. https://studebaker-info.org/AVDB1/R3...3060x0804.html

Comment

I am unsure that car is the same as the one we have. Here of some pictures of the car. It does not look as rough of condition.

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/w5bFxfJ.jpg click link for pictures.

Comment

According to my records it belonged to Richard McNafous 3195 Brockwood St. Harrisburg Pa. and then R. Hanafous 501 Owens Way Severna Park Md. It had an R3. and B54 is the right number. If he got it for $3,326.00 with the R3 it was a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowrey View Post
            Does anyone know anything about this 1963 Studebaker Avanti serial R-3060? /Cut/I would like to know what the car was originally. I will post pictures of the car as soon as I get some.
            Being that is is R-3060, an Early 1963, it would have to have "came with" a R1 or R2.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It had B54 in 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Being that is is R-3060, an Early 1963, it would have to have "came with" a R1 or R2.

Yep...

My old Avanti was R-4500 R-1, was built in May of 1963 and now resides down under...

Comment

Is there any info on what became of R3 engine B74?

Comment

Originally posted by VtMike View Post
                    Is there any info on what became of R3 engine B74?
                    B74 or the B54 for this car?

Comment

Sorry . . . typo . . . I was wondering about B54 . . .

Comment

The last word I had, was that it was installed in R-5375, located in Borona, Australia. That was 2019...
                        64 GT Hawk (K7)
                        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

B54, along with a black Avanti, were purchased last week out of Gettysburg. The items are with the new owner near Pittsburgh now.

Comment

Dang - I didn't realize it was for sale with B54 included. I would have been very interested if I had known that. Does anyone know the price?

Comment

$15K for both the engine and car.

Comment

Working...
                              X