X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Yep, worked perfectly FINE Matt!

NOW, you gotta tell me WHERE you got that Closed Face Chrome Air Cleaner? Is that Rare, Aftermarket Old Stock or still available New?

I don't think I can afford to buy the Truck and have it shipped here, to get that Cool Air Cleaner!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich, it’s new production. Made by United Pacific. Item number S1102.

I did have to use an adapter to make it fit the WCFB.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post

Or...a '55 with a '56 Grille with its built-in turn signals and (maybe) converted to 12V.
            That would work quite well too!
            --Dwight

Comment

That is a beautiful truck. It's just the way I like them. Does it have a clear coat to protect the patina?

Hopefully the buying public will appreciate it.

My experience is that a poorly running vehicle with good paint and chrome will sell quicker and for more money than a well running vehicle with a poor paint job.

How does BaT compare to eBay? How is one preferable to the other?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                That is a beautiful truck. It's just the way I like them. Does it have a clear coat to protect the patina?

Hopefully the buying public will appreciate it.

My experience is that a poorly running vehicle with good paint and chrome will sell quicker and for more money than a well running vehicle with a poor paint job.

How does BaT compare to eBay? How is one preferable to the other?
                I have a thick coat of wax on it. Never understood the fad of spraying clear coat over rust. If the next owner wants to knock the dents out and paint it, it’s certainly a solid start.

I’ve sold numerous Studes on both venues. BaT does a much better job of weeding out the time wasters whereas ebay gives you no recourse if the winning bidder decides not to pay up.

BaT only agrees to list it if the vehicle fits within their criteria and that also draws a better crowd of bidders.

If BaT was Tiffany & Co in New York, eBay would be Walmart.
                Last edited by mbstude; 10-07-2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Watched you build this one and will watch the next one, Good Luck on BaT. Bob

Comment

Matt,

Great truck and best of luck with the auction. I followed you to BaT a couple years ago when you had your Avanti II for sale there. If you get the same kind of bidding on this truck that you got on that car, you will be dollars ahead. I got way more for my Champ on BaT a couple months back than I had expected. I went no-reserve too. The quality of your build will be obvious to the bidders. Justin

Comment

Thanks, Justin. I’m hoping I don’t lose too much money. I’ve never seen a Stude pickup like this on the open market before; fully rebuilt without a slick paint job. I honestly don’t know what to expect but it’ll be fun either way.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                        Watched you build this one and will watch the next one, Good Luck on BaT. Bob
                        I am in the "WATCH" mode myself Bob. I have "BUILT" my last.

NICE work on That cool truck Matt. Good luck.

Comment

The truck should be listed on BAT next week.

Someone told me the truck would look better if I had a cute blonde in the photos.

Click image for larger version  Name:	162A7CAC-2A4C-489E-8BCE-A6E66CB31706.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	1862274

Comment

Comment

That's a GREAT Running Pickup Matt!

It's much more Fun to shift from Direct 2nd. to Overdrive Second, instead of High! They accelerate like a "J" bottle went off!

Also blip the Throttle a little to match the Engine Speed to the Trans. speed before downshifting to avoid the "Crunch".
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks, Rich. I didn’t hold back when I built the engine, it got the best of everything.

I agree with the second-gear-overdrive trick, but the transmission is a T86 and I don’t want to beat up on it too much.

It’s a handful, the suspension is factory stock, and as you know they were never meant to go fast and certainly don’t go around corners very well. I don’t have the guts to see just how fast it’ll go.

I’ve never ridden a bull, but I imagine it’s similar to going 90 miles an hour in a ‘55 Studebaker truck.
                                Last edited by mbstude; 10-24-2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X