1953 Commander Coupe Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 Commander Coupe Wiring

I want to thank everyone who helped me with information and guidance on the rewiring of my 1953 Commander Coupe. I ended up replacing nearly every wire in the car. Many trials and tribulations to be sure but so worth it. Nearly all of the wiring was original as from the factory and yes, a fire waiting to happen. I kept a few pieces as mementos. Really cool to see all new wiring properly color coded. And SAFE! So thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

New wiring harness, new brakes/tires and a clean radiator all give a great sense of comfort.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Yes! I can now enjoy all of the above. I have owned my Commander since 1977 and, but for a few small incidentals, I can now think of it as restored [and almost completely stock] at that!
      Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Al from Eatonville View Post
        Yes! I can now enjoy all of the above. I have owned my Commander since 1977 and, but for a few small incidentals, I can now think of it as restored [and almost completely stock] at that!
        Please, post some pictures, for us? Front, and rear quarter shots. Interior shots, under the hood, inside the trunk. It sounds wonderful!

Mark
        sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
        X