Alex Lifeson's family car was a Studebaker Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Lifeson's family car was a Studebaker Hawk

Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson rode around in a Studebaker Hawk as a kid. I was watching a Rush documentary on Netflix, and noticed this pic. The car is in the background, but it manages to stand out. I googled "Alex Lifeson, Studebaker Hawk", and the internet had no idea. Hopefully this post fixes that, because the internet needs to know about this.

Don't know who Alex or Rush is, but I recognize the Car as a '59 Silver Hawk or a '60 Hawk, the Bike resembles a Schwinn.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rush is a Canadian rock band formed in Toronto in 1968. They are still active.
      Mark L

Comment

Rush is a Canadian rock band formed in Toronto in 1968. They are still active.
        Hard to do since the drummer died last year.
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I added a youtube video, now when you google "Alex Lifeson, Studebaker Hawk", google gives you the link to this forum thread, and to the youtube video (or at least it should). Soon everyone will know............well the five people that watch my youtube video will know. It's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSLQIF7d_so

Comment

Rush is one of my all-time favorite bands, as is 311. At least I knew who Alex was
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Another interesting fact: Neil Peart was born in Hamilton.
              Mark L

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
                We’re getting off track, but IMO the greatest drummer of all time. At least in rock.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
                  Yeah, but you can google that. I want to know more about Alex's dad's Hawk. Did he love the car, did he hate the car? You know how dads are. If there's a story about that Studebaker, I want to hear it before Alex Lifeson joins Neil Peart. Once that happens, it's just another photo of an old car, and that's it. I love a good car story. And yeah, I'm biased, I think Rush is awesome. So much from just a three man band. That music lives on forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

We’re getting off track, but IMO the greatest drummer of all time. At least in rock.
                    off track yes...but what about John Bonham?? cheers, junior
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post

off track yes...but what about John Bonham?? cheers, junior
                      Talented guy who could have been in that category, but chose booze over his gift.
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                      X