No announcement yet.

Warren and Day Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting this neat bit of info, since I was in the navy and station in Long Beach back then I remember a lot of cruising and street racing, I didn't have ride back then so just enjoyed it when I could, in 61 when I came back from over seas I was on the USS Yorktown and saved a little money to buy a car, remember looking at and driving a 57 commander 2 door sedan but for some odd reason I did not buy it ( sure wish I had) but got a 55 Pontiac and that turned out to be the wrong move but that's a different story. thanks again for bringing this up I missed it before...Bob
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

anyone have any idea what happened to the memorial trophy ? was a half piston wall trophy that had a base added to it with 10 name plates .memorial race was set up for 10 yrs and winner was to have his info engraved I would love to find that trophy any ideas or recollections of where it might be pls contact me at lightinglark956@yahoo.com thank you pat Williams

Comment

Not to resurrect a really old thread yet again , but I just talked to the son of the original owner of my hawk on the phone. He says that his Mom (Grace McGarrigle) and Dad both worked at Warren and Day Studebaker right up until they closed. And that his mom was so proud to be able to buy her 61 Studebaker Hawk (now mine). He said she was the office manager there at Warren and Day and that his dad was the service manager there. They are both long gone, but I sure made his day talking to him on the phone about his mom's car. I promised to send him pictures via snail mail. He is 84 years old and not on the internet. You should have heard his voice when I told him I was calling to see if he knew anything about this old Studebaker with his Mom's name on the dash, he was amazed that I was able to track him down. He even called me back a few hours later to talk to me some more about it. And to promise that if I ever wanted to sell it I would call him first.
        sigpic
        1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

That is a great story Ross, I love hearing these kind of Stude. History stories. The Warren and Day connection is very connected to this story about the Car I watched win it's class at the Winter Nationals.
          Most Studebaker people are the most dedicated, involved people you would ever want to meet as were both of your Car's owners.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X