Speedster mystery switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    If you should ever happen to find yourself driving the Batmobile, it is imperative that you read the Batmobile owner's manual before flipping any switches.
    sound advice
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob A. does reside where it gets colder and with more snow than most of the population of Alaska experiences, but I doubt that he will be driving the Speedster then. Of course, when these cars were new, we drove them year round.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        If you should ever happen to find yourself driving the Batmobile, it is imperative that you read the Batmobile owner's manual before flipping any switches.
        Also applies to the Aston Martin in Goldfinger, depending if you like your passenger or not!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

Turn them on. Now, why didn't I think of that? And not even all that difficult for you. You are a real Smarty Marty!
          You said you didn’t know how to turn on the lights on a car you’ve owned for 4 or 5 months. I was only offering a simple solution for ya.

Comment

I seem to remember that in the winter in the 50s, driving a Stude, I carried an auxiliary defroster - a rag to supplement the built in defroster.
            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
            50 Champion 2 door*
            53 Commander K Auto*
            53 Commander K overdrive*
            55 President Speedster
            62 GT 4Speed*
            63 Avanti R1*
            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              Turn them on. Now, why didn't I think of that?
              Only YOU can answer that one.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post

You said you didn’t know how to turn on the lights on a car you’ve owned for 4 or 5 months. I was only offering a simple solution for ya.
                I hear you, my friend. But, between getting my health back and trying to keep things going at the shop, I have not had time to spend poring over one car. I have several here that all vie for attention, and they have to keep moving. It’s a different retirement than guys that have nothing to do. The Speedster has been almost always driven during the daytime, when it’s warm and sunny. So, I have not needed to use any of the switches. Sometimes a couple weeks have gone by without touching it. It spends a lot of time sitting in a new enclosed trailer. I realize that a lot of guys can spend days doing nothing but play with one car. That’s not my life.

This post was a simple question, answered wonderfully and simply by Dwain G. I did not expect it would be a problem. But hey, it’s no big deal, i
                know how this forum can be. I see what you mean.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  You said you didn’t know how to turn on the lights on a car you’ve owned for 4 or 5 months.
                  He had the lights turned on for all of us nearly two months ago. https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....r-glamour-shot

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                    I seem to remember that in the winter in the 50s, driving a Stude, I carried an auxiliary defroster - a rag to supplement the built in defroster.
                    Yes, also anyone who drove a VW Bug back in "the day" had to have the supplemental rag on hand for defrosting. Thanks for sharing that memory! On my '54 Champion my defroster works but I've never had a need to use it. But I've used the (under seat) heater on cold days and it works great. It'll cook you right out of the car if you let it.

Comment

Well, thanks to this thread, we had the car out into the night on Sunday after it cooled off and I was out there wheelin' along and throwin' switches like a pro Thanks for the help
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                        I think you can buy a quality reprint of that bulletin from Richard Quinn.
                        Yes, I still sell those.
                        Richard Quinn
                        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
                        X