X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Packard Caribbean on Jay Leno's Garage

sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Glad to see Jay has one. Good recognition.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't believe he has a single Studebaker in his collection. I don't think he likes them all that much. Oh well.
      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Beautiful. Thanks for posting that video.

Comment

1955 Packard had a 12 Volt Positive Ground system, the only one in 1955. In 1956 they went with the norm of everyone else and used negative ground.

Bob Miles

Comment

Great post. Thanks Brent.
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
              Leno has owned this Caribbean for awhile, I remember seeing it at least 10 years ago.

Comment

I remember this episode from Jay Leno's Garage with David Osborne......I know there are some major mistakes including the fact that this is a '58 GH not a '57 but still enjoyable outcome, including Jay's fondness for Studebaker. The one mistake I get a kick out of the interior dash shot is from a vintage Jaguar not the Golden Hawk

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/28/whic...nvestment.html

Comment

I sure miss Jay's late night show. Way better than what's on now. I've always wanted a Caribbean convertible like his, just short space and... cash! I was unaware of all the specifics about the mechanicals of that car, very interesting, thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by 50Ragtop View Post
                    I sure miss Jay's late night show. Way better than what's on now. I've always wanted a Caribbean convertible like his, just short space and... cash! I was unaware of all the specifics about the mechanicals of that car, very interesting, thanks for posting.
                    I don't know why you miss it. It is on at 10 PM on Wednesday (today) here. I do not know about where you are. I only have a somewhat limited, inexpensive cable access so it isn't an expensive channel (I do not remember which one it is).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Must be re-runs? We don't do cable, but we watch movies. Watched The Last of the Mohicans last night. setting is along the Hudson River which is where I see you are. Absolutely beautiful scenery compared to us flat landers in Nebraska!

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

I don't know why you miss it. It is on at 10 PM on Wednesday (today) here. I do not know about where you are. I only have a somewhat limited, inexpensive cable access so it isn't an expensive channel (I do not remember which one it is).
                        Pretty sure he was referring to The Tonight Show.
                        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                        jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post

Pretty sure he was referring to The Tonight Show.
                          Thank you. I thought he was referring to Jay's car show TV program. Thanks for clearing up the communication breakdown. I like both shows.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes, the Tonight Show. I was fortunate that my daughter who is in the music business was one of his last musical guests. Also unfortunate I was unable to attend the show. I did get a bunch of T-shirts. She said he was great. Told him about my love of old cars and he explained how he drove a different car from his collection to work every day. The day of the show he had driven some very old open top early iron, something from the early 20's or teens. I think if I would have been able to go I might have talked my way into a tour of his "garage".

Comment

Originally posted by markrubyred View Post
                              I remember this episode from Jay Leno's Garage with David Osborne......I know there are some major mistakes including the fact that this is a '58 GH not a '57
                              It's really interesting, that neither one of them, has any clue, that it's actually a '58! What's up, with Jay's research department? While they state values, for'57s, how does that actually compare, to the value of the '58, that they are showing you? How does the difference, in production volume, affect the value? Is it as significant, as I imagine?

but still enjoyable outcome, including Jay's fondness for Studebaker.
                              I don't know, what it was in this video, that you saw, which indicated any fondness of Jay Leno's, for Studebaker? I realize, this is just a 1:45 minute clip. Maybe his aprieciation, was expressed, in portions of the show, that aren't included in this clip? To me, it seems, the only one, he has anything to say about, that indicates any interest, is the '69 Mercury Cyclone CJ 428?

The one mistake I get a kick out of the interior dash shot is from a vintage Jaguar not the Golden Hawk
                              To me, that just seems sloppy, are they that sloppy, about everything, or just Studebakers?

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/28/whic...nvestment.html[/QUOTE]
                              Last edited by S2Deluxe; 09-20-2020, 03:29 PM.
                              sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
                              X