PSMCD Races Still On?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSMCD Races Still On?

I have a little cabin fever going on. Is the PSMCD still going on at Martin, MI this weekend?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Stanton, Mi. I think it is still on but no spectaculars
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Everything shows it is still on. We are taking our 64 Daytona hardtop to race. Other drag strips in Michigan have been running so we are planning on going.

Neil
      Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
      1964 Daytona Hardtop
      1962 Champ Truck
      1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

So I went yesterday to Stanton and there was no issue getting in. It was great watching the 5 Studes that were running, including Neil's pretty blue Daytona. The only bummer was that the Plain Brown Wrapper lost it's clutch after one or two warm up passes. I was told it ran a 12.67 on Friday. The girlfriend and I both had a great time and will be back next year.
        Last edited by Swifster; 09-22-2020, 05:28 PM.
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The Wrapper ran great on Friday. It ran six races and won all six, with a best time and speed of 12.67 @ 113.26 mph. We were holding back a bit, saving something for Saturday. Unfortunately, the clutch went out on the first warm-up run Saturday morning. We could still drive the car, but the clutch slipped too much at WOT to race it. A new clutch will be installed in a couple of weeks. The cars defeated on Friday were (in order) a 1967 GTO, a Hurst Olds 455 HO, a hot Firebird (he turned 12.844 to the Wrapper's 12.673), a '72 Corvette, a '64 Buick Skylark 401, and a '67 Chevelle (with the hot 396/375 solid lifter engine).

The weather was cool, sunny, and pleasant, with light winds. It was great to see so many long-times friends. Since Bob has all the Stude results, I'll let him comment on how the other Studes did except to say that Chuck Kern (R2 Avanti) and Robin Loughlin ('64 Daytona HT, 289/225) won their shootouts. Steve Doerschlag brought his beautiful, Horizon Green '64 R1 Commander 2-door sedan; he did not win his shootout, but he broke out (ran too fast) in the third run, turning in the 14.5...range. Joe Flannery's 1963 R2 Lark also turned mid-14s and was unopposed in the shootouts.

The next day (Sunday), Butch Lundstedt and I drove to Summitville Indiana to visit Ted and Mary Ann Harbit. We had a wonderful visit. Ted seems to be gradually recovering from his recent illness. We all wish him and Mary Ann well and good health.

George
          george krem

Comment

I must be out of touch, I did not know that Ted had been sick. I hope it is nothing serious.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

George,
              Who drove the PBW?

Comment

Not George, Justin, but John Kern (50-YO son of Avanti owner/driver Chuck Kern) drove The Plain Brown Wrapper and did a wonderful job.

It's too bad he didn't get to face down the Pontiac Firebird on the shootouts; it would have been a tight contest...but John could have gone all-out because his qualifying time was low enough and speed was high enough there was little danger of his breaking out. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm looking forward to reading your report on the races. Thanks.

Comment

A video Posted in another thread...

Originally posted by t1003nl View Post
                    Below is a link to a Youtube video of the 2020 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. I was juggling tuning on our '64 hardtop and running up and down the grandstands getting pics and video so you'll see a lot of Robin and our car. I did get video of every Studebaker making a run down the strip. A fun weekend.

Neil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13ZC...el=mymechanics

Comment

Working...
                    X