57 GH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 GH

I have a problem, a dear friend passed last week a his widow offered to sell me a very nice modified 57 GH ,the only major mods. Are shaved door handles and painted and molded head lite trim and 4 speed. I am thinking 30k would be fair but at the top end of my budget, and not wanting to take advantage of her situation, she doesn't need the money.

Let her set the price. That way she is comfortable.

FYI pricing guide Hagerty

Comment

Unless you really want the car, $30,000 would be on the high side. Since it has been modified, albeit slightly, it can be at most #3 driver. As previous post indicated, the top value is $27,500. Additionally, with the state of the economy, selling prices are down quite a bit.
      78 Avanti RQB 2792
      64 Avanti R1 R5408
      63 Avanti R1 R4551
      63 Avanti R1 R2281
      62 GT Hawk V15949
      56 GH 6032504
      56 GH 6032588
      55 Speedster 7160047
      55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

A picture can be worth thousands of dollars, either up or down.

Bob Miles

Comment

If you cannot afford to buy her Hawk, the best you can do is help her List it on eBay with a Fair Reserve of what a knowledgeable Studebaker Owner/SDC Member or appraiser tells you it should be, and the Owner is happy with.
          Use a low $5000.00 starting bid to get bids coming and find out the Market Value.

Make a Large Note that you will not accept Full Payments from PayPal, only a $500.00 Deposit with Bank Wire Full Balance Payments or Cash on Pickup Only.

On a very Nice and completed Collectable, Pricey Model as this, you want Lots of the Best REAL Camera Photos available, of the CAR not so much zoomed in "Details". You will probably be rewarded for your trouble if you wish.

If you cannot do this, recommend someone who can.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I made a offer,so I will see what happens.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1855982 Here are 2 pics of the GH
              Attached Files

Comment

It has certainly has been "Smoothed Out" a lot alright, Lots of Trim removed but it doesn't look too bad.
                The Paint looks Very Good!
                StudeRich

Comment

It's not a factory color, but it's Certainly attractive! The grill mesh looks a little chinsey, but I think, that's just because my cellphone's not fully loading the picture? Is everything else stock? How's the interior look? What about under the hood, and inside the trunk? What about the suspension and brakes? 30K could, certainly, be in the ballpark.

Mark
                  Last edited by S2Deluxe; 09-13-2020, 11:34 AM.
                  sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

The inside looks as good as the outside, all leather dark chocolate brown, under the hood is all detailed and Studebaker super charger and all, it's as close to a show car as any.

Comment

sure is pretty! an attention grabber for sure. good luck on the purchase. cheers, junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

That looks superb ! Definitely the prettiest 57 I have ever seen, and the headight trim blended in is just gorgeous. Hope you make the deal !

Comment

Originally posted by jetboat View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1855982 Here are 2 pics of the GH
                          Beautiful car, I hope you get it.

Comment

Gorgeous car.

With all the other "smoothing", I wonder why he kept the front bumper guards? I usually remove those the first day I own a Stude. I began keeping them, because when the car was sold, I've had buyers berate me for removing them. Once I began saving them, I've had buyers refuse to take them and thank me for removing them. Your car, your money, your decision.

jack vines
                            PackardV8

Comment

Right Jack, different Strokes for different Folks!

I happen to like the Front Guards on SOME Models, NOT on '57 or '58 Sedan/Wagons, NOT on '62-'64 GT Hawks, but YES on '56 to '61 Hawks, and on '63 to '66 Larks and Lark Types! .

You would be surprized how much those Guards keep the twist out of those wimpy '59-'66 Lark Bumpers.
                              StudeRich

Comment

Working...
                              X