Fuel sender unit - need application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel sender unit - need application

I have an NOS fuel sender unit that someone gave me. It is in (presumably) its original Studebaker box, with the part number 1685600 and the Description is "Gage". The label says "Studebaker Automotive Sales Corporation--Endurance Built Products". The P/N and the label & box are late in Studebaker's tenure in SB. I have exhausted my parts catalogs and cannot find that number. Does anyone know what the application is? Thanks in advance.
    --Dwight

BTW, this came from a bunch of Studebaker parts collected by a former Studebaker Parts Manager, inherited by his daughter. She gave them to me. It is an eclectic lot, ranging from a rear bumper for a 2R, to a grille for a '39-40 Commander or President, to 10 promo models, to an 8-mm (?) film labeled "Avanti Film". I'll sell all items that don't fit in my collection. The money will go to charity.

BTW2, I've just opened the Avanti film. It was made by Acme Film Laboratories, and is labeled "Bonneville - Record breaker color rel print".
    Last edited by Dwight FitzSimons; 09-08-2020, 06:42 AM.

SI catalog shows this to be "Truck 1956-64, all models."

Comment

All with under seat tanks......

Bo
      Bo

Comment

Ooh, I didn't think to look in SI's catalog. I will next time. Thank y'all.
        --Dwight

Comment

Could you send me a list of the parts? I'd be interested in purchasing them, for a charitable cause.

Bo
          Bo

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Markham View Post
            Could you send me a list of the parts? I'd be interested in purchasing them, for a charitable cause.

Bo
            I've only looked through most of the stuff and haven't inventoried it. Inventorying and packaging would take time. I planned to sell most of it a piece at a time as I get time. I am short on time for the foreseeable future due to working on three Studebakers (64 Avanti, two 64 Hawks) simultaneously, plus some legal issues, house maint., etc. My other Avanti is fourth in the queue.

As to the charity, I am mulling over three: Food Bank, SPCA, and Studebaker National Museum. All three have been stressed this year by events, so all three could use money.

--Dwight

Comment

Dwight...PM sent.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
              X