Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti content

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/road/ne...-were-plastic/

The Avanti is now in second place in the favorites vote (after my vote for it). If a few of you select the Avanti as a favorite, we may move it to number one. I know that there are few errors in the Avanti presentation, but still good to have it out there.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      The Avanti is now in second place in the favorites vote (after my vote for it). If a few of you select the Avanti as a favorite, we may move it to number one. I know that there are few errors in the Avanti presentation, but still good to have it out there.
      OK, Gary, I'll vote for it again, because any publicity is good, as long as they spell Avanti correctly.

However, "few errors" is being generous. I like that show better than most, but JMHO, rather than stop and try to figure out how an Avanti should go together, they just grabbed generic hot rod parts and shoved them in there. The rationale for what they did to the car and why is full of misstatement, misunderstandings and a lot of general cluelessness.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post

OK, Gary, I'll vote for it again, because any publicity is good, as long as they spell Avanti correctly.

However, "few errors" is being generous. I like that show better than most, but JMHO, rather than stop and try to figure out how an Avanti should go together, they just grabbed generic hot rod parts and shoved them in there. The rationale for what they did to the car and why is full of misstatement, misunderstandings and a lot of general cluelessness.

jack vines
        It appears that you are replying to something other than the original post/link about fiberglass cars, that I was replying to.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X