Factory paint on the floors - ‘58 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
    Radio delete on a President! That could have been one of my parents cars.
    Not a "delete". A radio was not standard equipment, even on a 1958 President. You did have a choice of three optional radios; manual, push button or Signal Seeking.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
      That one was of the reasons I wanted the car, that and it's my favorite '58 color combo (Bluff Grey with Cliff Grey fins and roof). The first Stude I ever bought with my own money (at age 18) was a '58 Commander with original paint. I had a lot of fun with that car. Time for another one.
      Yes, we remember, but your photos of it has disappeared since then: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....6-my-new-stude

And the fun you had discovering its hidden secrets: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....find-on-the-58

Craig

Comment

I've never had a Studebaker with factory paint on the floor...I assumed that they came from the factory rusty.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          I've never had a Studebaker with factory paint on the floor...I assumed that they came from the factory rusty.
          This reminds me of entering a barn in northern California in the 1990s. There were several 1957-1959 Studebaker pickups. I was amazed, being from New York, that the step area was not only solid, but still had factory paint.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hey Matt ! Good to see you back. It's hard for non car people to understand the thrill of things such as this on a old vehicle. . Opening the glove box door and seeing a nice clean original glove box with owners manual Opening the hood and seeing nice neat engine compartment Opening a trunk and seeing spare, jack and lug wrench in place. Opening a door and seeing a data plate unpainted Or pulling up carpet and seeing nice factory paint If you think this is a hint to show us more pictures "IT IS"

Comment

Hey, Tex!

I’ll post more photos when the car gets here later this month, after the new Firestone wide whites are mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                Craig, the only options listed on the build sheet are a Climatizer and whitewall tires. That’s it.

I have a Wonderbar radio and NOS clock for it just so the dash looks better. Also have an NOS dash pad but I’m not sure I want to go through the hassle of pulling the dash apart to install it.
                Doesn't it show Flightomatic on the Production Order? It looks like it does have Flightomatic, eh?

'Looks like a really nice find; congrats. 'Looking forward to more photos. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

About a dozen years ago I redid the interior on my ‘62 GT Hawk. It was from Bakersfield, CA and had been stored in a garage from 1974 - 1999 before I bought it in 2000. It was a nice 56,000 mile car but the interior was sun baked.

I bought another ‘62 GT from JDP (the Looks Like Hell Hawk) that had a brand new interior. The exterior was painted with POR 15 and it had a 259 mated to a 4 speed. I swapped all the interior parts on the California Hawk and installed new carpet. The floor on that car was still covered in black paint. I posted pictures at the time, maybe Craig can find them.

i decided to keep the original seats and drove to NoVa and bought some spare seats for the LLHH from Nate Nagel. Dropped them in the beater car and still got $250 more than I paid for it and got a new interior to boot!
                  Last edited by Guido; 09-03-2020, 06:55 PM.
                  Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    Doesn't it show Flightomatic on the Production Order? It looks like it does have Flightomatic, eh?/Cut/
                    Oh, it's probably just one of those Cars built for an employee, with a Free Auto Trans. and Box in the Trunk with: Rear View Mirrors, a Signal Seeking Push Button Radio, Antenna, a Clock, a Cigar Lighter, Rear Seat Speaker, Hood & Trunk Light Kits and Accessory Floor Mats, also "forgotten" to list!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                      The floor on that car was still covered in black paint.
                      https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....964-texas-hawk

Craig

Comment

Thanks for finding it. I refused to pay off Photobucket and thus can’t access my pictures there.
                        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                        X