Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Studebakery things have ya'll done recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Studebakery things have ya'll done recently?

This seems like a simple and lighthearted enough question to me, so let's have at it! What Studebaker related activities did ya'll do? Happy ones? Sad ones? Camaraderie-filled ones? Go on ahead and tell it if you please.

As for me, the last time I drove my Studebaker was about two weeks ago, before I had started my sophomore year. I had decided to take the whole family out for a picnic. There was wine, a charcuterie board, gentle sea breezes, and Lassie-doodle, so all was well and good to say the least. Here's a photo of a particularly happy Lass after the fact.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2628.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	1853696

Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

I've rebuilt the rear bit of Josephine's exhaust system, exiting enough for me as it's so cramped behind the rear axel.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Avgas Silly 3.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1853700
    sigpic

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
      I've rebuilt the rear bit of Josephine's exhaust system, exiting enough for me as it's so cramped behind the rear axel.

Name:	Avgas Silly 3.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1853700
      Hey, if it works, it works! Cheers to ya!
      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Thanx! & yep, it sure works.

Name:	Avgas Nytt X-tra Reko.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1853704
        sigpic

Josephine
        Champion V8
        4d sedan

Comment

I took the car out for a tecnical inspection that was overdue for a year (initially planned in March...). The old gal performed flawlessly and I am good to go for another 5 years. Hopefully, I will be able to take her out more often now that the high temps are gone.
          Nice day to all.
          sigpic

Comment

Not sure I want to share my enjoyment of anything due to the roaming crowds of malcontents. Who knows when some "snowflake basement dweller" might stumble across our forum and decide we are purveyors of some kind of "enjoyment injustice?"

Then...gather their miserable friends, march on our homes, destroy our property, and demand we become as miserable as they are in the name of equality! In fact, I'm thinking about getting some car covers with Chevrolet printed on them so no one will think I have anything of value to vandalize.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I was working on my Flux Capacitor and I guess I had it set way too high !
              Attached Files

Comment

I took the '54 for a nice long ride the Sunday before last. Beautiful day and an enjoyable trip, except I came upon deer coming out of the woods and getting near the road 3 separate times. The last time, the deer did come out near the car and was even running beside the car for a short distance. I was glad to get back home safely.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                  ... I'm thinking about getting some car covers with Chevrolet printed on them so no one will think I have anything of value to vandalize.
                  Quote of the day!

Mike Davis
                  Regional Manager, North Carolina
                  1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by 62 Lark View Post
                    I was working on my Flux Capacitor and I guess I had it set way too high !
                    Yikes! Too much Capacitor and not enough Flux I guess.
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post

Quote of the day!
                      That might backfire.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Okay, seriously. To your question Jake, I installed all new springs on my '55 President. I am installing a new Bell Crank this weekend. And then the Champ truck gets all new spring bushings, King Pins, Tie Rod ends, steering box rebuild, and front wheel bearing seals. Barring anything else unexpected that should make both vehicles finished with the overdue repairs. Hurray!
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

We've been out most evenings for a drive with the dogs. Our little Maltese doesn't like most of our vehicles, but seems to love the Hawk, on Moms lap with his head out the window. Looks like our local car show scheduled for the 12th and 13th, likely won't happen so we just have to take the car out, to show it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                            Okay, seriously. To your question Jake, I installed all new springs on my '55 President. I am installing a new Bell Crank this weekend. And then the Champ truck gets all new spring bushings, King Pins, Tie Rod ends, steering box rebuild, and front wheel bearing seals. Barring anything else unexpected that should make both vehicles finished with the overdue repairs. Hurray!
                            Ed, how 'bout once you finish those repairs starting a new thread about the difference and increased enjoyment of how the vehicles perform. It has been my experience that as these parts gradually wear and deteriorate we, adjust to them and are not so much aware of how bad they are until we fix them. It's kinda like our bodies, when we have medical issues that we adjust to over time and once we give them the proper medical attention (like new glasses, hearing aids, or controlling diabetes, etc.)... we don't realize how bad things were until corrected!

So, I'll be looking forward to your report. It could be inspiring and motivating to the rest of us.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John, good idea. I will start that thread and report results and impressions. Stay tuned.
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                              X