Wild fires and hurricanes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild fires and hurricanes!

This was just posted news and while not Studebaker, I think that it deserves are thought and prayers. The pandemic and natural disasters create a heightened level of awareness of our vulnerability. Please help with information on people in harms way, or those Studebaker people in need, so we can put a face on their situation.

https://www.lmtonline.com/california...y-15512056.php

Bill

The air has been bad where I live (between San Francisco and San Jose) for over a week. It's smoke from the fires that are ravaging our ancient forests.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

There was a big wind that did a lot of wide spread damage in Iowa too. I work in the electric utility supply chain so I see all these disasters.

Comment

We have had 2 friends staying at our house for over a week now, they live in Bolder Creek, California so far their house has not burned but still can not get back in. When they left in a hurry Bill's really nice 1953 Commander coupe { mr green} was left behind as Bill could not drive it out and has not been able to drive it since his accident a few years ago that left him in really bad shape and can not drive a stick shift car, if the car survives he is thinking of either trading or selling and buying one with Auto. or might even do a change over to a GM700R transmission. either way he needs to wait and see the out come of his house and Studebaker.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

The SCU fire at 383,157 acres (2nd largest fire in CA history) is now 60% contained. They got it stopped a few miles south of me, but it continues growing in other directions. It's still VERY smokey, but at least it's no longer dark all day, the sun finallys shows through it around 9am, and it stopped keeping in the heat all night so it's no longer 85F throughout the night, which is nice.
          sigpic

Comment

Just got the sad news one of our members lost everything. House, garage, cars, lifetime collection of NOS parts and an engine we'd just built for him, but he hadn't yet unwrapped.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
              Just got the sad news one of our members lost everything. House, garage, cars, lifetime collection of NOS parts and an engine we'd just built for him, but he hadn't yet unwrapped.

jack vines
              OMG, Jack; so sorry to hear that. All the best to everyone. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post

jack vines
                Jack, does that person live in Bolder Creek? Bill the person staying with me is from Bolder creek and he said he had heard something like that, a few Avanti's.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Working...
                X