Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dramatic, Dynamic...and Docile

Seems like a mixed message

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

If I were a professor in marketing grading a student on this ad...I would give the student a D...and the D would not mean either Dramatic, Dynamic, or Docile. If the intent of the ad is to ignite a bit of passion and excitement for prospective customers...the last word pretty much extinguishes it. It might as well read "overrated."
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

You must look at this with 1960 thinking it was a radical design compared to all other domestic cars a big change for Studebaker and could be use as regular car. I think the market in 1963 was rather tame and a wild leap for a company like Studebaker which had placed itself in a low profile quiet part of auto industry Egbert plan was to change that

Comment

I like it, it fits my vision of the car. That's why I think I will have one in the future

Comment

If in 1963 I wanted a "Docile" car, I would have purchased a Rambler!

Comment

Originally posted by rbisacca View Post
              If in 1963 I wanted a "Docile" car, I would have purchased a Rambler!
              Motor Trend's car of the year for 1963.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Indicates to me that Studebaker hadn't a clue how to market their the new Avanti!

Comment

How about 'Dramatic, Dynamic... and unDiplomatic'? It may not make any sense, but at least it has a beat that you can dance to.

By the way, I would like to have a white Avanti with the orange (or is it tangerine?) interior. It looks especially unique.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I think perhaps the corporate intent was to imply drivers would find it easily bent to their whim.
                    Docile is defined as "Yielding to supervision, direction, or management."
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10,
                    '51 Commander Starlight,
                    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

An Avanti just like this (perhaps the same car) is up for auction here: https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/M...KNip9dFjytcDDY
                      sigpic

Comment

Ray Morgenweck, political comment reported to the Webmaster.
                        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10,
                        '51 Commander Starlight,
                        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                          An Avanti just like this (perhaps the same car) is up for auction here: https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/M...KNip9dFjytcDDY
                          That is an early (January 1963) Serial Number car that has rectangular headlight bezels. Perhaps a later accident damage.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

That is an early (January 1963) Serial Number car that has rectangular headlight bezels. Perhaps a later accident damage.
                            Correct, I found this on Facebook and someone said that the Avanti Owners Registry stated that the car attained front-end damage in the early 1970's and was taken to Avanti Motors for repair.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X