Views:	307
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1853086Click image for larger version

Name:	358D1677-9EA4-4AC4-8954-3C45119DF1E7.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1853085
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Wow Bob. Those are beautiful. I think you need to send these to TW. That last one is a killer cover shot.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The sunset (or maybe it is a sunrise) is a definite TW cover photo. Just remove the picnic bench. Maybe the guard rail also.
      Perry
      \'50 Business Champion
      \'50 Starlight Champion
      \'60 Lark Convertible,
      \'63 GT R1,
      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Certainly any picture I take is available for TW if they want it. I would be willing to send any of them.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

The car, the composition, the setting; all lend themselves to publication. But probably worth shooting with a higher definition camera.
          Photos taken with a phone are probably fine for articles, but good cover photos need fine detail.
          I forget the photo sizing Ann prefers. I just always send her the biggest my camera takes. She can always downsize them.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I wrote Ann Turner for the requirements for Turning Wheels Photos for the upcoming IDYSD. Here is her response copied for other to share if they want a photo published.

HI

Well…. if you would like to have a cover photo, the photo needs to be taken in PORTRAIT FORMAT - that is taller than wide - the shape of the magazine.

Please provide your photographer with the following:

I would love to have some choices for cover photos. Those cover photos should be at least 2300 pixels wide, by 3000 pixels high. More is better.

Depending on how the camera settings are shown, the photo image size should be at least 7 MB size.

For photos INSIDE the magazine, they should be at least 1000 pixels wide. At least 5 MB if possible. The bigger, the better.

Thanks!

Ann Turner

Editor

Turning Wheels

Hope this helps. Since I only take camera photos, I defer to others that have professional digital cameras to understand this.

Bob Miles

Comment

Nice car Bob.
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Thank you Brad and Bob for the input. I realize it is unlikely any of my pictures will be used. I have not owned a regular camera for years; all of mine are taken spur of the moment with my iPhone. And I don’t know anything about all the terminology above anyway And I’m sure it doesn’t help that I’m not a subscriber anyway. I’m glad you all like them though, the car is so photogenic it makes even my phone pictures look good
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                X