Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk yard treasures

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/road...om-studebaker/

Would have been nice seeing a lot more pictures of the cars and a lot less of Steve being a douche. I wonder why he thought multiple pictures of the same car with him making different faces would be anything car guys would want to see
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Steve got the early 50's automatic transmission wrong. He says Studebaker used the BW M-35 when, in fact they were equipped with the BW Detroit Gear series which no other manufacturers were using as it was a Studebaker only transmission at that time. Later it was used in Jaguars.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        Steve got the early 50's automatic transmission wrong. He says Studebaker used the BW M-35 when, in fact they were equipped with the BW Detroit Gear series which no other manufacturers were using as it was a Studebaker only transmission at that time. Later it was used in Jaguars.
        Yeah, a lot of mis-information that just a little fact checking would have corrected. Like the first year of the 4-speed being in 1962 - he said that several times.

And the whopper about STP standing for "Studebaker Transmission Products"! He must get his information from Facebook experts.....

But 99.5 percent of those watching aren't going to know or care.
        Last edited by r1lark; 08-27-2020, 07:30 AM.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks for posting.
          "Studebaker produced its most significant vehicles in the post-WWII era."

IMO he got it mostly wrong by ignoring, almost completely, Studebaker's pre-war contributions. It's a case of selective revisionist history in order, the appeal to his readership.

Comment

Working...
          X