Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resignation of Pete Bishop from the Presidency of Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc. (SDC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resignation of Pete Bishop from the Presidency of Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc. (SDC)

On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc. (SDC), I want to take this opportunity to notify you of the Resignation of SDC President Peter Bishop, for personal reasons. We have all been fortunate to work with Pete in the last year, and I believe the Board echoes my sentiment in stating that Pete is a gentleman of outstanding character. We wish him good health and prosperity.

We wish to thank Pete for the talents and effort he has brought to the club and assure the membership of SDC that projects begun by Pete will be completed.

I am assuming the office of President of SDC effective August 25, 2020, and welcome your confidence, comments and support.

Denny Foust
    President, Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc.
    studeguy54@gmail.com

Denny, I'm sorry to hear Peter has stepped down, but I'm sure his reasons are sound. On behalf of the Forum crew, let me be the first to welcome you to your new position.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Denny, thank you for taking-on the task of President. Good luck with your new position.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Denny, thanks for stepping into this important role. Most probably do not know your family history as it comes to the SDC, however, I know you know I do. I can truthfully say, your Dad is looking down on you with pride and is there with his hand on your shoulder as you lead this club into the future.

Peter, thank you for your leadership, enthusiasm, skill and willingness to also lead this club. It has been a great experience to work with you and assist you in your efforts. I wish you and your family the best for the coming years. I
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Yes we need to thank Peter for his service. As for Denny all of us Keystone members have known of your many talents for years and ability to wear many hats! SDC meet committee, over 40 York meets and the list goes on. Thank you ! Hope to see you guys soon at Strausstown.
          Rob in PA.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Peter has problems and won't be able to serve out his term. He was a great choice for president. Good luck Denny -- we know you'll do a great job, too.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

I am very sorry to learn of the decision of Peter but understand it. My relatively short period in working with him has been very enjoyable.

My best wishes are extended to Denny. His contribution to SDC has been second to none and he has a lot of work cut out for him. I trust the members will give him their full support.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Double thumbs-up to all the above comments and reflections, Denny (and Peter). Peter's enthusiasm knew no bounds, so I hope nothing untoward has happened to him.

All the best, Peter, and thanks for your too-brief service as SDC President. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What Bob P. said. I enjoy Pete whenever I speak with him. Good luck to him, and Denny F. as well.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Best of luck to Peter, hopefully it isn't because of health issues. It was great working with Peter and the rest of the SDC Board during my term as the Director from the Upper Mississippi Valley Zone.

Comment

Working...
                    X