Canadian Source of Intake Adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Source of Intake Adapter?

Does anyone in Canada know where I can buy the adapter I need to use and Edelbrock carb on a WCFB intake?

Originally posted by Kato View Post
    Does anyone in Canada know where I can buy the adapter I need to use and Edelbrock carb on a WCFB intake?
    Performance Improvements

https://performanceimprovements.com/

87 Advance Road, TORONTO M8Z 2S6

Note: The only difference with the Stude cast iron WCFB and what is needed to put a later AFB on there is to open up the secondary throttle bores on the intake. If you take off the intake, and open up the secondary throttle bores (just enough to allow the secondaries to open) an AFB will drop on with only a small bend added to the GM A/T kickdown linkage.
    If that is too much for you, then adding a small adapter will lift the AFB up high enough for the secondary throttle blades to clear. A Moroso, or Mr. Gasket #97 heat insulator gasket/plate stack will do the same thing. Note that the secondary airflow will be disturbed and not optimal, but it will work.

Attached Files
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

In my opinion, an Adapter is a Poor choice when you or a Machinist can easily do it right. .
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I used the edelbrock gasket taped the manifold cut out with a razor blade and used a good carbide bit no china junk to open up to size. I would use a heat insulator also.

Comment

You could also get a set of my intake adapters, run a small block Chevy intake of your choice and run the carb of your choice. Just a thought. Six sets in stock @ $440.00 including shipping.

JK
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, lots of choices and advice here, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X