Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardboard '56 President Classic, '53 Starliner, '63 Gran Turismo Hawk, '56 Packard Caribbean HT .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardboard '56 President Classic, '53 Starliner, '63 Gran Turismo Hawk, '56 Packard Caribbean HT .

Here are a 1956 President Classic (22 inches long, with engine and interior), a '53 Starliner (about 9 inches long), a '63 Gran Turismo Hawk (about 9 inches long), and a '56 Packard Caribbean Hardtop (about 10 inches long). I apologize for the small image sizes. These are from scans of photos that I took of my models. I do not have editable images of these in my computer's photo program.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_20200824 (16).png
Views:	191
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1852554Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_20200824 (18).png
Views:	163
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1852555Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_20200824 (19).png
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1852556Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_20200824 (17).png
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1852557

Those look quite realistic, are they Molded Cardboard? They look 3D.
    Did You make them?

You should not need a Picture Program to save .jpg Photos taken with your Camera or scanned in, to your "C" Drive, File in Folders in "My Documents" and Copy and Paste to Post them here.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thank you for the compliment. It's encouraging. These are not molded, but yes, they are three dimensional models. I draw the plans with old school drafting tools, make patterns from the plans, cut the pieces for the parts from 1/32" thick cardboard (of the type often found on writing tablets), assemble the pieces into components, and assemble the components together to build the body. Colored paper is used for the surfaces and details.

To see the whole process in detail, here is a link to my build thread for the Packard, in the Papermodelers hobby forum. I also have a build thread for an Avanti in this SDC Forum, but the Packard photos are much better. http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/c...n-hardtop.html

Thank you for your photo advice; I'll try it.

Avanti thread: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....odels-homemade
      Last edited by Crowel, Mark; 08-24-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Thank you for building a model of my 1953 Commander. Looks like it is pictured in your post.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Yes, it is. I hope it's holding up well. It was a pleasure to build. I love these old cars.

Comment

Working...
          X