No announcement yet.

So here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received another bite, where he copied the ad from Turning Wheels without adding the URL, then asks for pictures, etc.

I responded.. go to the website.....

Then he comes back with this grand (read L o n g) offer, but we have to split the cost of an inspection by HIS people, etc.. So I googled the text and find that the exact same offer, almost verbatim, was put to a seller of a Ford a year ago...... They never give up.....
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I have never bought or sold any vehicle out of my area, so I appreciate this information in case someday I do.

For sales, I do not respond to messages asking anything about my price. However, I am an easy pushover for someone who offers less than my price while standing in front of me with cash in his hand.

Before I bought my first hobby car I looked at garbage that was advertised as 'like new.' The one I bought, and still have 44 years later, was advertised as rusty and dented, but I still wanted to see it. Yeah, there were a few small dings, and six small but completely rusted away areas, but overall, it was jaw hitting the ground perfect.

After that early purchase, the only question I ask of a seller is when can I come look at it.

Comment

I recently sold my Hudson online. Buyer never looked at it. I sent him about 50 pictures. He paid me in early June. The car is still in my shop. He still has yet to come get it. He has until the end of this month then it goes outside. I'm starting to wonder if he's ever going to come get it.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
          Just received another bite, where he copied the ad from Turning Wheels without adding the URL, then asks for pictures, etc.

I responded.. go to the website......
          You have to take all this with a grain of salt. I currently have a beautiful ‘50 Chrysler restomod for sale, with later model 440 and O/D trans and part of my description was ‘needs nothing, ready to turn the key and drive anywhere today’. Then I get a message asking if the car is in ‘running conditions’ lol.

It's all part of the business.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
          X