• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	290D1065-A3EB-443F-8851-B7A6E99990E7.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1852073 Margaret, my ‘66 Daytona, hit a “mile”stone this morning, straight 7’s across the odometer!!
    Last edited by 64V19816; 08-22-2020, 10:23 AM.

Out here that would be cause for a trip to Vegas!

Comment

If your car was only running on 7 cylinders at the time, that would either be ironic..... or simply unfortunate. Either way, you should waste a couple of bucks on a lottery ticket.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

She’s running perfect! Took a 20 mile ride in the country, down the same roads I drove as a teen in the ‘ 70s. Had the oldies on the radio, windows down and 45 mph. You know, you can rebuild restore customize redo etc to an ‘ol car but you can never recover the feel of a gently used survivor. Sweet!

Comment

This String Title needs to say something like: Interesting Speedometer reading or whatever, a NUMBER does not work for anything.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            NUMBER does not work for anything.
            Though it did pique my curiosity.

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

All of those 7's intrigued me enough to take a look. We live in slot machine country here, so a line of 7's is a good thing. Happy to hear that Margaret still runs perfect.

Comment

My 63 Hawk just turned over a couple weeks ago. I filmed it as it hit 00000.0. That is a video that will not be posted. Nobody wants to hear me screaming.

Comment

Ray, you are not far from Atlantic city , Maybe you could something with those numbers , Ed

Comment

abkco, you should be happy! There aren't many 63 Hawks around with such low miles. It's brand new again.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      This String Title needs to say something like: Interesting Speedometer reading or whatever, a NUMBER does not work for anything.
                      Rich - You know better. That is an odometer reading not a "Speedometer reading". They are contained in the same housing, but are two different meters.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I had planned to drive 77 mph at the time but the moment happened “in town”. Plus, some concerns about fiddling with the phone at that speed. ;-). Too bad there was no route 77 nearby to cruise down. ( maybe I should have parked the car for 12 years and waited till I was 77. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post

Rich - You know better. That is an odometer reading not a "Speedometer reading". They are contained in the same housing, but are two different meters.
                          Come on Gary! And WHERE is the Odometer reading found... the Speedometer!
                          Anyway it was only a suggestion, anything would be better than a number.

Sometimes I think out here in the "Wild West" we are a bit less Critical and "Formal".

I remember when I was very young growing up in Detroit, my Grandmother and Mother would NOT go "Out on the Street" (as she called out of the House) without a Hat, (Dad rarely ever did either), sometimes Gloves , sometimes her Mink Stole really quite Victorian, being from Canada and Scotch/ English!
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                          X