Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An other inaccurate sob story

https://www.hotcars.com/defunct-amer...orgot-existed/

Do these people get PAID for producing such inaccurate material? And BTW, I was taught years ago to be very careful about using the word "everyone" -- because it will never really be everyone. I, for one, remember seeing (or at least reading about) every one of those examples -- so not everyone has forgotten them.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Back about 2004, I remember seeing what was once a Woodill Wildfire in the upper level of Max Corkin's garage in Lewistown, PA. It had a Studebaker chassis and Champion 6 engine. Maybe a tree fell on it. I think Bob Valpey also had a black one, but his was in great condition, had a 289 V-8 and lots of goodies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	127-2763_IMG.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1851075
      Gary Ash
      Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
      ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
      '48 M5
      '65 Wagonaire Commander
      '63 Wagonaire Standard
      web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

I remember all of them except the Riker. I heard of the Riker, but do not remember the car.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Aaron Young pens a lot of nonsense like that, Bob.... BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I saw my first Riker at the Concourse d 'Elegance, Forest Grove about 3 years ago. A very interesting story and innovative vehicle.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Interesting post. I see glaring errors on a regular basis on FB. How hard is it to fact check? BTW, "Another" is one word, not two.
              peter lee

Comment

Working...
              X