Racing your Studebaker-- Atlantic Ia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing your Studebaker-- Atlantic Ia

Last year in passing I referred to 1/8th mile racing at the airport in Atlantic Ia and some folks exhibited some interest so here is the link for this year. Hope to see a few of there.
    here is a little more info I copied from the FB site.
    https://www.facebook.com/HUDR2017

CALLING ALL DRAG RACERS AND SPECTATORS THE DAY IS NEARING:
    September 13, 2020, racing from 11am to 3pm.
    TECH: starts at 9am. The ONLY parking at the airport will be for the drivers and pit crew. MUST AS ALWAYS HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO DRIVE.
    ALL SPECTATORS: will be picked up and dropped off at Mahle as in years passed. There will be extra buses on hand for the COVID distancing. If need extra assistance to and from the the bus drop off at the airport there will be support vehicles to do so.
    SEATING: Due to COVID also there will be no bleachers this year. Must bring own seating.
    FOOD: Vendors will be on sight.
    We are working with the airport personel for a BURN OUT CONTEST. There will be more information on this to come as we get things worked out.
    Drivers don’t forget:
    Long pants, close toed shoes, and a valid drivers license required for racing!
    *Check out posted rules on the page for any other questions
    See ya soon for a day full of racing!!!
    Tech (as I remember) included needing a catch can on the radiator, seat belts, safe location for the gas tank, probably more
    I will edit if I get better info.

Working...
X