1955 Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Package

Last week, I went to my brothers house down in Georgia... While I was there, we broke out all of my Mom's and Dad's old albums. I was anxious to see all the old photos []of the cars we had while we were growing up. My Dad and brother had several Studebakers including a 1951 4 door Champion, a 1962 2 door Lark, a 1955 President H/T, 1953 and 54 Commander 2 door (not sure if Champion or Commander), 1958 Scotsman 2 door, 6 cylinder 3 speed and a 1966 Lark Daytona, 2 Door, 283, 3 speed w/overdrive (honeymoon car) While we are looking throught the pictures, my stepmom (84 years old) brings in a large, black, zippered up, portfolio looking package, about 4 inches thick and about 14x18 inches. It says 1955 Studebaker in big red letters across the front. This package has a description and all the statistics of every Studebaker that was made in 1955. There are fabric samples, bar and line graphs galore and sliding little gizmos to show gas milage, horsepower and so on and so on... Pretty neat[]. the amazing thing is that this thing is in brand new condition[:0]. My brother nor I have ever seen this thing before. I don't know how my Dad kept this thing hidden all those years as we were constantly working on Studebakers and asking questions and stuff... Has anybody else seen one of these "packages"[8)]? I just breezed through it and gave it back to my stepmom as it might be a momento she wants to hold on to..after all, she did give me the car!! I know where it is and if I was to ask, I am sure she would give it to me... but the time is not now.

1955 President one owner
    Moncks Corner, SC

I have one of those dealer's book,though it's not mint but a really good example!by the way will be for sale,when and if my Champion sells.

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Can you post the pictures you found? I would like to see them.

I just sold my 55 Dealers book on eBay.

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

So sorry, Leonard...I'm back in South Carolina now. That's called a Dealers Book? Ok. I will, gingerly, ask for the book. I can get my brother to send it to me if my stepmom will part with it... I really wanted it when I saw it but was being rushed to go to dinner... it was wisked away and put up...[V]oops... I read your post wrong... I have asked my brother to scan the pictures and put them on a disc... he said he would.. I will post the pictures when I receive them...
        One of the pictures that I saw was a picture of Jim Paglironi (sp?)He was my baseball coach when I lived in Germany... They used to draft everybody!! (He was playing for the Boston Red Sox when he got drafted)

1955 President one owner
        Moncks Corner, SC

Comment

quote:That's called a Dealers Book? Ok.
          Well, most of the years they were called "Inside Facts", but the 55 book didn't call it that. Here are some of the pages.

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Yep... That is exactly it!! But looking at those fabric swatches, I do not remember our 55' interior being like that. I mentioned that to my brother and he said that Daddy had Nargrahyde installed when we got to Germany... Are those swatches of fabric the only types of interiors that they had in 55 or did they come out with a plain, two tone, no pattern, vinyl type upholstery? The interior since I can remember has been pink and grey. Upper, pink, Lower, grey... no pattern whatsoever..[8)] Actually, I really like those patterns

1955 President one owner
            Moncks Corner, SC

Comment

Well doesn't that settle it then, you remembered the recovered seat, not the original? [:0]

quote:Originally posted by rockfoot

Yep... That is exactly it!! But looking at those fabric swatches, I do not remember our 55' interior being like that. I mentioned that to my brother and he said that Daddy had Naugahyde installed when we got to Germany/Cut/

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I have a back seat that looks like that in storage. So its a 55? I thought it was aftermarket! I got it in a package deal with a 60 Lark I bought.

Gordon

Comment

I have an original upholstered 55 Conestoga that has solid grain fabric. tan and dark brown, outside colors are cascade green and shasta white
                  101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Right... I do not remember the original Fabric as portrayed in the Dealers Book thingy... But... I was real young in 1956 when we went to Germany (7). My brother stated the fact that my father had the Nargrahyde put in in Germany when we first got there. This was the first that I had heard of this. My Dad was an E-5 in the Army making not very much money. Maybe he was swept up in the "Nargrahyde fad" and had to have it[]!! Maybe it was real cheap to have it done in Germany... We had guys in High School that would drive to Tiajuana to have a car upholstered[xx(](?). The car was fairly new and it was a surprise to see the pattern type swatches in the dealers book. I intend to put the upholstery back to original and now have a swatch to go by. Will the production order give the upholstery type?? Is that type of fabric still available?? [?]

1955 President one owner
                    Moncks Corner, SC

Comment

Working...
                    X