Moving a couple Studes- goin’ (solar) farmin’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a couple Studes- goin’ (solar) farmin’

Click image for larger version  Name:	4B288392-E736-4A56-B22D-F86643CF13CC.jpeg Views:	285 Size:	169.7 KB ID:	1850535Click image for larger version  Name:	ACF1DAA0-7FB4-4BDC-A746-AB2D95F6DC6F.jpeg Views:	455 Size:	188.4 KB ID:	1850534 I had these two stored on a large parcel of land but had to move them, getting ready to start development of our solar farm.

GT is sold.
    Last edited by Bob Andrews; 08-15-2020, 01:14 PM.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bob, I'm trying to imagine you in Oshkosh bibs directing the placement of the panels.
    Imagine the cars you could store underneath them.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      Bob, I'm trying to imagine you in Oshkosh bibs directing the placement of the panels.
      Imagine the cars you could store underneath them.
      Lol. I've never owned bibs, though. Nor have I built a solar farm. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn recently
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

If anyone drags the GT past my house they can pick up a rot -free GT frame on their way home.
        Rob in PA.

Comment

BA, what is with the large holes that were torched through the front fenders of the 1962 Lark? Is that to allow trees to grow-up through?

sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Lol. No, those fenders were whipped. I used the eyebrows on some better fenders I had that were rusted there. I did a tutorial
            on Facebook a few years ago on how to section panels. The torch was the easiest way to salvage the pieces where it was sitting at the time.
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I thought they were made to improve cooling for the brakes during a high speed run

Bob Miles

Comment

If the border was not closed, I would be planning a road trip. A 4 speed GT Hawk with some assembly required!
                Bob
                Welland Ontario
                60 Lark Convertible
                64 Daytona
                sigpic
                "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
                  If the border was not closed, I would be planning a road trip. A 4 speed GT Hawk with some assembly required!
                  If you want it I can keep it here for you until it's open...
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Your offer is tempting. First question is do you have a tittle?I can't cross a border and license it here without a tittle!! Next is how it is optioned, Power steering?power brakes? is the engine sized from sitting? Maybe we can do business and I will stop in PA on the way. Not looking for a turn key car, just want to know how much "assembly is required". Thanks. By the way border closure was extended to late Sept today.
                    Bob
                    Bob
                    Welland Ontario
                    60 Lark Convertible
                    64 Daytona
                    sigpic
                    "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
                      Your offer is tempting.
                      Bob
                      I believe I just sold it.
                      Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

I believe I just sold it.
                        Good show, although I'm more interested in the solar farm idea. Any chance you can keep me/us in the loop as you go forward.

Bob

Comment

Bob,
                          How big is this solar farm? Is it for commercial consumption or to feed back into the grid?
                          I ask because I have been doing solar in the BC wilderness here for over 10 years. Are you storing the power in a battery bank?
                          Please keep us updated with pics.
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                            Bob,
                            How big is this solar farm? Is it for commercial consumption or to feed back into the grid?
                            I ask because I have been doing solar in the BC wilderness here for over 10 years. Are you storing the power in a battery bank?
                            Please keep us updated with pics.
                            Bill
                            Not sure if this is right for here, but here’s some info.

I bought some land awhile back with an idea to build a new shop and do this farm. It will be for selling the power to the utility. Size is about 3.5 megawatts. Panels will cover about 29 acres. I have partnered with a solar company who will be doing the engineering. Once completed they will lease the property from me. As of now we have signed contracts for equipment and with the township. Next is multiple layers of permits and detailed design for layout and connection to the grid. In the end I will have guaranteed income for at minimum 25 years or I can sell the property if I or my survivors choose. And, it will mean heavily discounted electricity for my own use. It’s a good deal for my retirement, good for the community, and good for the environment. Seems like a win all around.

Attatched is a picture showing the agreed upon layout. I retained the road frontage and about 2 acres for the new shop. On one side of the road will be my shop, the other side will be available for development; I would like to see a convenience store there. Getting this project underway has delayed my new shop for about 3 years now, but I think it was worth it. There are still several hurdles to overcome, but if all goes well we are hoping to break ground next year. We will see, it’s the biggest thing my uneducated country butt has ever tried.

Click image for larger version

Name:	25A97881-D22B-431F-8C3A-9E28A364819E.jpeg
Views:	148
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1850981
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Can livestock be raised on the grass growing under the panels? Or can crops be grown under the panels? Or can you park row upon row of Studebakers under the panels?
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X