Barn Find Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn Find Studebaker

Was called today about coming and looking at a Studebaker in a Barn/Shed ? Supposedly been stored for over 20 years ? Might not sleep tonight. We have Church shut down 2 more weeks,, so I will go sometime tomorrow and look see. I'll have my phone camera Bring yall up on this tomorrow..

Oh the drama! This is like the time Geraldo Rivera announced that he would be going into Al Capone's vault, which had been locked since prohibition! Unfortunately, upon opening the vault, all he found inside was an empty glass bottle. So heres hoping that you don't come upon a disappointment like a 1959 Ramber in some lady's she-shed!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I have had numerous contacts like that. I used to chase each one down. I can not remember one that I even made an offer on. Good luck.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We know why you feel this way, with what your last Barn Find jackpot was: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....arshal-dig-out

So until you show photos of your latest find, I'm withholding any comment.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          I have had numerous contacts like that. I used to chase each one down. I can not remember one that I even made an offer on. Good luck.
          Being in the salvage yard business, I learned very early on. (GO LOOK) This has been real interesting over the years. It's the fun thing to do. It started with me when I was just 12 and now at 76 I still get excited

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            We know why you feel this way, with what your last Barn Find jackpot was: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....arshal-dig-out

So until you show photos of your latest find, I'm withholding any comment.

Craig
            You are right. The Marshal turned out to be a good complete car, that was easy to get running again. BUT, after buying a 55 from the guy, I dealt with him for probably 5 years on the Marshal He ended up selling it to a family member and I lost track of it. The owner passed away.

Comment

Left out early and a cousin and I got on the road.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0957.JPG Views:	0 Size:	163.1 KB ID:	1850039

Stopped to get a little hi octane non ethanol for the SNS to drink on the way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0955.JPG Views:	0 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	1850040

Drove about 30-35 miles and met the owner and then went about 10 miles down a dirt road and back in the woods to 40's garage (not a barn find or a shed find ) A garage find

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0959.JPG Views:	0 Size:	226.0 KB ID:	1850041

This was actually an old garage. The car is over in the left side. I was told before we went in it was a......Well, I'll let you wait like I had to til we moved junk and opened the doors. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0964.JPG Views:	0 Size:	128.0 KB ID:	1850044

looks like it's gonna be a problem to get out .

other pictures coming.

Last edited by Flashback; 08-09-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Nice Score! I would have done only one thing different: I would have borrowed the oldest beat up pickup to drive down and look at the car. Showing up in that beautiful straight black coupe must have driven the price up, unless it was agreed upon before you went down

I learned that showing up in my work on the car levi's, and an old truck or car works for me to my advantage.

Bob Miles

Comment

It looks nice and dry.
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
                    Nice Score! I would have done only one thing different: I would have borrowed the oldest beat up pickup to drive down and look at the car. Showing up in that beautiful straight black coupe must have driven the price up, unless it was agreed upon before you went down

I learned that showing up in my work on the car levi's, and an old truck or car works for me to my advantage.

Bob Miles
                    I was thinking the same thing, but the contact could have been made because of the black car.
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Wow, it was even given the red-carpet treatment! Awesome find for sure. Is there a basement or cellar under that garage? What reason would there be for it having a wood floor?
                      Will removing it from the garage require a chainsaw and a skid-loader?
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Unless the floor is caving in, a good pair of ramps should get it out. I have seen pictures in the past where old barns on hillsides had shifted away from their up hill ground level entrance leaving a wide gap. My only "barn find" was not that troublesome.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	54 Hardtop in garage 001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.3 KB ID:	1850074
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

A Tahoe Green and Olympic Gray 1953 Commander Starliner with ONE optional backup light.
                          That is an amazing find, not like the usual rusty early Larks that I come across.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post

Bob Miles
                            All I got, sept my Church clothes is levis My car did't go down a dirt road. We rode in an old Buick, I think, for the last ten miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                              Wow, it was even given the red-carpet treatment! Awesome find for sure. Is there a basement or cellar under that garage? What reason would there be for it having a wood floor?
                              Will removing it from the garage require a chainsaw and a skid-loader?
                              It has a wooden floor because of the time frame it was built here in Alabama. There were sawmills that moved around and they would build a community then move on. This old garage as well as my Dad's was built with seconds and meterial from the slab pile. It was built on a slope so they could use the cheap lumber to level. Easier and cheaper. Some of them even had the floor open under the front of the car for their "LIFT".

We plan to move it by taking the doors off and bridging the gap.

Comment

Working...
                              X