It's official. I'm a Studebaker owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official. I'm a Studebaker owner

Gave the check today.... A new chapter in my life....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200805_135035.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1849685

Congratulations! Now the fun begins. What are your plans for her?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

That's Great! Take your time to develop a plan and then work your plan. Make certain that you own the truck and don't allow it to become such an obsession that it owns you. When you get a moment, post pictures of the engine, interior, and underside. Best wishes for a long and enjoyable forum experience as we follow your Studebaker adventure.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Congrats!!! she will challenge you but that will only make it better
        Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Nice feeling, isn't it? Stick to John Clary's advice, and, most of the time, that feeling will be part of your "adventure".

We're here (and www.studebakervendors.com is there) to help! Welcome!
          Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
          Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

That picture speaks loudly,what a great beginning. Good luck and enjoy the ride

Comment

Congratulations and make sure you heed John Clary's advise. He is a very wise man whom we all look up to. Pics please.
              Bill

Comment

It kind of was an awesome experience yesterday, Parker shook my hand and said its your truck now.... I'm still in disbelief after five years of dreaming about this little truck...
                First things first getting it to our friends house... and then making another trip out to DMV to put it in my name...
                I will of course take lots of pictures....
                As far as paint , Stude's original color was blue.... Im thinking of leaving as is with a clear coat or pearl pink.... the house we sold that I loved was pink....
                Once again it's an awesome experience.

Comment

Beautiful! Year and model? My son has a '51 2R11 that once belonged to the forest service. Very cool machines.
                  Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

congrats to you as many others have said. Remember, this Stude is the first of your following collection
                    mark

Comment

I've never seen a pink Studebaker pickup, so I did an internet search and found this photo. I could live with it I guess.

sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Although I don't think I have ever seen a Studebaker C-cab painted pink...Studebaker did offer a pink color on some of their cars. Surely...someone reading this on the forum knows the official name for the color and may even have a car painted with the color. So...I'm thinking you can have a truck painted with a Studebaker shade of pink.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                          Although I don't think I have ever seen a Studebaker C-cab painted pink...Studebaker did offer a pink color on some of their cars. Surely...someone reading this on the forum knows the official name for the color and may even have a car painted with the color. So...I'm thinking you can have a truck painted with a Studebaker shade of pink.
                          Why not? https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....0-scotty-candy

Craig

Comment

Have fun. Make it stop and go first. Have a look at the pink grey and white 1955 Studebaker Speedsters If you want a sharp color combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Al from Eatonville View Post
                              Beautiful! Year and model? My son has a '51 2R11 that once belonged to the forest service. Very cool machines.
                              Its a 1950 2R?

As far as paint I was hoping for light pearl pink... lol not pink panther lol.
                              Yesterday a wonderful thing happened, I met one of Ferndale's new residents formerly from
                              Yuba City California his name is Doug and has 3 Studebakers! No trucks but a beautiful 1954 Commander in yellow and red.
                              He asked me to visit today and bring my pictures!

Comment

Working...
                              X