• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster glamour shot

Click image for larger version

Name:	D74DE3B2-1532-403B-BD8F-D4E9F103D3E0.jpeg
Views:	375
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1849540 Breitbeck Park in Oswego NY. I think this is my favorite.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bob
    I believe you bought the car near me in Bangor, PA. Wish we could have gotten together to celebrate. I bet that drives nicely especially with the PS hose fixed. Sure looks great !
    Rob in PA.

Comment

Nice shot, but too many people in the background. And I would have also turned on the foglights.

Craig

Comment

Did your Studebaker make an oil painting on the fresh-cut lawn? Just curious.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          Did your Studebaker make an oil painting on the fresh-cut lawn? Just curious.
          Surprisingly, this one does not do that
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob, very nice photo. I would have suggested a bit of fill light to bring out the colors. But other than that, it is a keeper. I can tell you are really enjoying your newest Studebaker purchase. I would too. The Speedsters are beautiful cars
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

What's with the tall radio antenna with a light on the end?

(Art Unger would lecture the heck out of me when I would submit a photo with a pole growing out of the roof or something similar. It's easy for the photographer not to "see" this sort of thing...been there done that and still doing it )
              Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                Bob, very nice photo. I would have suggested a bit of fill light to bring out the colors. But other than that, it is a keeper
                Yes, the only thing wrong with this picture is that the impact of the color scheme is washed away. I have no idea what I’m doing, these are just quick photos taken with my iPhone for the upcoming sale of the car. It’s ok though, I did take several more that really make the color stand out, here’s one.

Dick- that is a light pole for a walking path. With all respect to Mr. Unger, I don’t personally see it as a problem. Other than losing the color of the car, I am completely happy with the picture.

In the added picture I tried to get our lighthouse in the background, but it didn’t work out very well; it’s that tiny structure far in the distance lol Click image for larger version

Name:	6378ADE8-19A8-498C-8999-113B798D0B0C.jpeg
Views:	209
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1849604 . I may give it a shot on another day from a different vantage point.
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Time for some lemon-limeade.
                  Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                  jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EDB2BF65-243B-4D42-A722-8BF17455654A.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1849621 A good friend who is a pro photographer for Disney World tinkered with it a little...
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

It’s really a wonderful car. The lemon-lime scheme is still outrageous today – I love it.

Comment

Bob- That is a great photo, as you captured it!! Very smart of you to turn the headlights on for the shot. Love it!
                        -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
                        1960 Metropolitan Convertible
                        1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
                        1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Cheez.... tough crowd.

I thing it looks great. You can't capture EVERY aspect of a car in one shot. Still plenty of time to post photos that accentuate the two tone paint. (Hint hint).

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	B0DC1AB8-C3B0-4E20-981A-23B47BF52060.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	1849668
                            Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                            Still plenty of time to post photos that accentuate the two tone paint. (Hint hint).
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	A0A44CCB-D58B-4B78-9027-D38713D56682.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	1849667
                            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Great looking car from every angle. And I am not evena green or yellow fan, but these really "work" well together.

Comment

Working...
                              X