August Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Turning Wheels

I am sure by now some are wondering where your August issue of Turning Wheels is. Well Covid-19 has struck our printer's Hanover plant which meant a complete shutdown of the facility and a complete deep clean of it. All of this cost them 7 days of production time thus delaying Turning Wheels. However, the good news is that it was placed in the USPS today. All foreign issues will be in the mail by Friday. Pease be patient as this was beyond everyone's control and as we all know safety has to come first.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Thanks for the info Don.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
      I am sure by now some are wondering where your August issue of Turning Wheels is. Well Covid-19 has struck our printer's Hanover plant which meant a complete shutdown of the facility and a complete deep clean of it. All of this cost them 7 days of production time thus delaying Turning Wheels. However, the good news is that it was placed in the USPS today. All foreign issues will be in the mail by Friday. Pease be patient as this was beyond everyone's control and as we all know safety has to come first.
      Thanks for the communication. Is this Hanover PA or Hanover NH? I assume that which ever it is is the current mailing location.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks, Don. And...this post caused me to chuckle just a little. Thinking about the weird times and some of my own reaction to it and behavior reactions to this blasted pandemic. I have both, disposable masks and a couple of fabric washable ones. After reading that UV rays can kill the virus, I leave loose change and my work gloves on the black dash of my truck in the hot southern sun. Same with my masks. If there is a more UV saturated environment than a black hot dash inside the windshield of a closed vehicle in the southern sun, I don't know what is.

So...I wonder if my August Turning Wheels should be given the "hot dash" treatment before bringing it in?
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John, thanks for the humor. I'd lay it on the dash board of my truck until the poly bag melts as I am sure that would kill all the germs.

Comment

Then the cover photos will fade.

Craig

Comment

Received mine today. Excellent as usual. Particularly enjoyed the Avanti photos on inside front cover and page 9. Photos were taken in daylight but all lights were turned on. Cool!

Comment

Got mine today in Ventura County, Ca

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                  Thanks, Don. And...this post caused me to chuckle just a little. Thinking about the weird times and some of my own reaction to it and behavior reactions to this blasted pandemic. I have both, disposable masks and a couple of fabric washable ones. After reading that UV rays can kill the virus, I leave loose change and my work gloves on the black dash of my truck in the hot southern sun. Same with my masks. If there is a more UV saturated environment than a black hot dash inside the windshield of a closed vehicle in the southern sun, I don't know what is.
                  John, I can't tell if you are joking or serious but the UV rays from the sun will not kill the coronavirus. Yes, the UV-C spectrum will kill bacteria and viruses but thankfully the atmosphere blocks these rays from the sun. Please don't rely on this as a means of disinfection. Just wanted to clarify for those that read it and think this will work.

Comment

Originally posted by my2R5 View Post
                    John, I can't tell if you are joking or serious...
                    Well...that's a talent (?) I've had since learning to talk. It frustrated my parents, siblings, teachers, preachers, and my 3 remaining friends for decades...

Originally posted by my2R5 View Post
                    ...Please don't rely on this as a means of disinfection. Just wanted to clarify for those that read it and think this will work.
                    I do think a little more highly of the intellect of our fellow members who are capable of restoring and maintaining the old wheeled relics to which we are so devoted. Of course...there's always a few folks looking for an opportunity to qualify for nomination to the "Darwin Awards." But...instead of "restorers"...it looks like the destroyers and mayors of our large cities are leading the way for this year's awards.

John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Turning Wheels, August 2020, arrived at my home in Moncton, New Brunswick, on August 18.

Bill Jarvis
                      Bill Jarvis

Comment

Can't tell if you fellas are joking, or what? I've had mine for about 2, nearly 3 weeks. Of course, like all the other mail, it under went decontamination. Cooked it in the microwave for 2 minutes.............

Bo
                        Bo

Comment

Well, guys now you'll have the opportunity to sanitize September's issue as it was mailed yesterday with International issues leaving the country tomorrow. Enjoy it before you destroy it in the microwave or oven.

Comment

Bo,
                            Do you really "nuke" your mail on a regular basis?
                            "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
                            R.W. Emerson

Comment

Working...
                            X