ID:	1848406Click image for larger version

Name:	7FC38F31-21B7-47EF-8372-ABC813AA1F42.jpeg
Views:	370
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1848405Click image for larger version

Name:	14DCE17D-29B5-4C67-A1FF-C8F88B81CC8A.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1848404 Group, I’ve been bitten by the Studebaker bug and was possibly looking for another. I came across this Avanti and a deal that seems to good to be true, and wanted to see if anyone knows about this car. It’s listed as a frame off restoration, 64 R1 with VIN#R5611. It looks immaculate through and through and has a 4speed manual. Problem is I found that VIN in an old SDC list that said it was a different color and an automatic. Also, the guy only wants $13.5k and says he’ll ship it for free. However, it’s thru a broker/shipper in Oregon, so I can’t physically see it (says he is out of the country). Again, seems to good to be true. Any thoughts as I’m new to Studebaker and checking with you all for advice. Thanks

It sounds too good to be true. Ask the seller if someone from SDC in his area can come physically check the car out and see if you get an answer.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

He says it's crated up and ready to ship, as he works offshore and is out of the area. The email has an official drilling company logo on it. Throwing this out as a possible scam for others to be aware of if that's the case.

Comment

Absolute scam. It shows up occasionally for sale like this.

Comment

Definite red flags:
          VIN in an old SDC list that said it was a different color and an automatic
          only wants $13.5k
          he’ll ship it for free
          it’s thru a broker/shipper in Oregon
          I can’t physically see it
          says he is out of the country

Comment

No doubt. Just wanted to ask and put it out for others to be aware of as the emails they send and the back and forth are really official looking and well done.

Comment

2020/2021 Roster shows this vehicle owned by Sharon Hall in Connecticut!

Comment

Email attached Click image for larger version

Name:	73A4073A-118A-4720-8B79-7AB2E462FF8E.png
Views:	464
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1848419

Comment

The shipping deal and 7 days to try out kind of gave it away.

Comment

Run Forrest, Run..
                    "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
                    R.W. Emerson

Comment

You might try getting in touch with Sharon for a status on this vehicle. She may be surprised that her car is for sale.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

You have an email by chance?

Comment

SCAM ALL THE WAY !!!!!!! I came across this same type of super deal about 3 years ago... ALL SCAM They use a ad from a old for sale item at about 1/2 the price And the seller works on a oil rig on the other side of the world and as soon as you start with questions like you are in the rea where the car is located and want to see the car they just disappear. They do use a honest sellers contact set up without them knowing about it. Been There and very lucky to have checked it out without loosing $$$$$

Comment

I figured as much and was just really surprised by the scam. But I guess these days nothing is is surprising! Thanks to all on the education and hopefully nobody gets burned by this crew.

Comment

Originally posted by mcraewwp9 View Post
                              You have an email by chance?
                              sahall9@optimum.net

Comment

Working...
                              X